View Single Post
Old 2009.08.10, 07:37 PM   #1
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer
Default zomg!!1 this community is DYING!1!!!one

The economy already has enough nimrods declaring that we're doomed, every time the stock markets dip down the same weeks of the year they have rebounded from in every previous year. If enough people say that and enough people hear it, this can become a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy one day. Which brings me to the point I want to illustrate.

I'll admit EMF isn't in the greatest shape it's ever been in, but we've had 'dead' periods before, and we've had 'pathetic' periods before too (where we're not quite dead but some people might think it would be better if we were). But the truth is, the international fanbase hasn't reached any 'new' lows. We are not in a situation "which will only get worse". This is all part of a cycle we older members have lived through several times before. You can either accept the average that comes from the highs and the lows, or you can dismiss this community with your expert opinion all about how the sky is falling.

If Variety didn't do any longterm damage to this community, then I can't imagine armageddon coming from a small handful of PVs.