View Single Post
Old 2009.12.24, 01:43 PM   #43
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
What I loved the most was the perfect scene constellation of
climbing up to the dragons (fascinating)
-> taming his one (suspense)
-> first flight (Excitement)
-> teasing Neytiri (romance)
-> Dr Grace tells him about the tree of sould (fascination)
-> they fly over it (fascination)
-> Toruk chase (suspense)
-> Toruk Makto story (calmness)
and then the perfect scene to close this segment: Jake getting out of the Avatar with that sad music, rolling down the hall, asking himself what's real and what's not.

SO perfectly executed.
when he climbs out of the machine at that point it is absolutely heart breaking.

in rewatches what I liked/noticed:

grace flips out after jake smashes the cameras and askes quaritch "what, you going to shoot me?" and he is all "I could shoot you" and then he does, about twenty minutes later. Quaritch also foreshadows his own death early on in the Pandora briefing at the start where he explains that you got to avoid Na'vi arrows as they are dipped in neurotoxin that will stop your heart in 1 minute (how he dies). Trudy also laughs about how she hoped to avoid martydom (which happens again). There are a lot of small lines early on in the film which reference later events and its kind of amusing as you go through picking up on them. Also, when Neytiri and Jake climb into the pods in Hometree the first night he spends there, you can see in the background a large group of Na'vi sleeping in a big pile, which looks like a man and a couple women or a general orgy. I thought that was kind of funny for some reason. They don't address is the Na'vi men are monogamous, you kind of just assume they are, but based on what Neytiri says its up to the male to pick the female, but in jake's case they picked each other.

kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote