Thread: The TV Thread
View Single Post
Old 2010.05.30, 06:54 AM   #58
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Oh, I know this was a while ago, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an UB movie. I mean, Sex and the City is different because it's Sex and the City. An UB movie would be crap anyway.
an Ugly Betty reboot movie would probably do quite well considering the large general fanbase the show and the original had coupled with the immense Latin community in the States. the idea that the show wasn't popular or lost an audience is bs, if you actually pay attention to how ABC handled it they flat out stopped marketing it after the 2nd season (much when it started to get decline in viewers) and repeatedly switched its night, many people flat out didn't even know it was still on. this is arguably related to the inflating production costs. I imagine the same will happen with Glee once it starts being so popular, the amount of money it must take just to produce an episode between licensing and staging is immense and once it starts to not be worth it to the studio, they will drop its promotion, stick it on fridays, and watch it fade away. Considering the show made America a huge success and the relative power of some of the people invested (America, Vanessa Williams, Salma Hayek), I wouldn't be surprised if they could pull their weight and get it off off the ground if they want to. That being said, I don't think it will happen for a few years.

If Strangers With Candy can get a movie, I don't see why UB couldn't.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote