View Single Post
Old 2011.07.02, 12:15 AM   #41
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.

Just read the book, then watched the movie. Both sucked; the movie was a terrible adaptation of the book, also. Scenes and lines spliced and pasted back in randomly. Ugh. I'm not sure why I thought I would like this.

Also watched The Secret Life of Bees recently. Loved the book. The movie was very meh. Dakota Fanning did not do a good job with the role, but it's very hard I think to act out a character who, in the book, lives so much in her head and has a lot of introspection to explain her actions and thoughts. You really need a narration in those cases and the movie did not employ one which I think was a mistake.

Also, I hate when movie adaptations of books add in new scenes that weren't in the book. The movie already isn't going to have enough room for all the scenes in the book, so why in the world would you cut original book scenes and then add in random new, useless movie scenes??? Harry Potter did this and it drove me CRAZY!!!!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote