View Single Post
Old 2009.04.25, 07:03 PM   #6
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Ringo's seen as a bitch? I really am out of the loop of Ringo-fandom.

I haven't read or watched that many interviews and the only cues I get to the way she acts is through behind the scenes bits and her performance on stage. But, I've always thought she was really reserved but polite. She's got a passion for Japanese culture so that part is definitely ingrained in her. But she also really likes rock and the different images one can and has play with. But she always seems to open up on camera only when she's performing. I think that's where the psycho aspect would come in. She's also very intelligent and great with words -- a great . But I think that also reflects that she's observant and well versed in her influences, be them musical, literary or what have you.
She's also a strong female figure, and that's odd in the music industry. She definitely plays with that by not conforming to the girlish persona and plays with gender in her own way. But then she doesn't shy away from looking particularly girly.

She's pretty much all I want in a music icon.

But I want to see the interview where lazer85 thought she was Japanese white trash. :D

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote