View Single Post
Old 2009.04.27, 10:10 AM   #7
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

I personally don't think Shiina Ringo is all that crazy. I think a lot of the crazy stuff she does is sort of like "OMG wouldn't it be funny if I did xx?" And the people around her laugh and she does it. Similiarly (but not quit like) to when Katie Perry told reporters she was going to be celibate XD She only said it because people are gullable.

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I remember posting a thread on NeoGAF about Shiina Ringo, and I got several responses of people saying that she freaks them out, and someone mentioned that on a radio show, she read a list out of people that she would like to kill. I'm guessing that due to the SS era, people have it in their heads that she's some mad and powerful beast?
Well, I think if she were to list off people she wanted to kill she'd lose promotional deals and possibly her record deal XD

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
Also, at that time I think the concept of "Ringo" as a persona was new and stronger to her, she actually identified this "Ringo" as someone she was playing, whereas over the years I think "Ringo" has been absorbed into her to a point where persona or not, she is simply "Shiina Ringo" and all else has disappeared. I would take a wager and guess that her parents and brother probably all refer to her as "Ringo-chan" this is supported by her statements that she continued on into Jihen with the name because, well, after so many years, it now is her actual name.
I hear quit a few Japanese artists are like that. I think I remember hearing Ayumi hamasaki talk about "Ayu" being a different persona. In public she is Ayumi but in privet she is Kumiko(I think that's her real name). And I could so see after so many years Shiina melting into her "Ringo" name. It's like when you have a best friend and they rub off onto you.
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote