View Single Post
Old 2009.12.17, 07:36 PM   #65
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

I think to expect another KZK is unfair but what I do expect is music thats made with artistic intent and a high degree of honesty. If the record label and the artists wellbeing require it to sell than its fine if they advertise it through the roof, but it better still be impressive once your take away the gloss and gimmicks of themes, music videos, ads and magazine hype. This is part of the reason why I don't take much interest in the DVDs....one for EVERY TOUR seems absurd and like milking to me.
In retrospect, I can say that Heisei was still an artistic attempt. I didn't love it because it was so familiar and I was still expecting another KZK but it was still art.

I'm not so sure the same can be said for SG. Most of the artistic intent on the album seems to be due to the collaborators (Soil, Coba, even smacky D or whatever his name is and his weak version of art). It seemed like Ringo just wanted to get a comeback over with and releive the pressure of being 'that old ringo' again and wanted to get rid of the "what if"s.

From what the other members of jihen are saying at this point. I'm not dreading the new album. Their minds seem to be in the music.

But I honestly am not into the constantly changing style thing. I appreciate a vairety of style but she's sped through so many styles that she can afford to slow down for a bit. I just want something that comes from the heart. If shes feeling Jazz now, good do more jazz. It's better than trying something new just to try something new.