View Single Post
Old 2014.05.22, 01:35 AM   #58
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post
Okonomi de is a very interesting track. I used to find it the weakest entry of KSK but I've grown to really love it. In my earlier post I said that a lot of the album seems to deal with life and death but sex is also a major factor (I mean, even the word "semen" is referenced in the album title itself) and I feel this song embodies the sexual element of the album the most. It's got a very laidback feeling and I adore the sound of the keys and the various other instruments. The song seems to be about an addictive, sensual masochistic relationship between a woman and her lover. It draws you in a little slowly and sounds like something you might listen to in a lounge surrounded by cigarette smoke. I love how the song meanders. It never quite gives you satisfaction, it is flirtatious even to its listener. It definitely grows on you.
Okonomide has been my favourite Ringo song for years. The sensual masochistic thing is exactly how I've been trying to describe the song in my mind but couldn't find the words. Like it conjures the image of a jazzy lady flirtatiously singing to her love interest as she leans on the piano but exhausted/desperate at the same time. And I love how the instrumental repeatedly rises, and then topples down from the crescendo (?) while the drum strolls through, casually going kickedy kick in the background, as if the whole thing is like some absurd tragedy. Addictive relationship is definitely the way to describe it.

And yeah, Yattsuke Shigoto is very 'Pleasantville.'
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote