View Single Post
Old 2014.03.03, 05:07 PM   #90
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

The only thing preventing Mahou from becoming a classic, for me, is that the second half of the album is largely inferior to the first. If she took out those two long songs from the second half I think the album would have flowed better. I always zone out during the middle of "I Love You" and not in the good way.

The flow and pacing of an album is something I don't think she's gotten quite right yet. Zettai suffered from two electronic tracks right at the beginning and the rest being fairly standard Oomori, with the exception of that circus-y sounding track.

A modern Jun Togawa? Hmm, maybe in spirit only. Musically? Not so much, at least based on what I've heard from both artists. Jun has dabbled way more with electronic driven songs than Oomori has. Oomori mainly sticks to acoustic numbers, but Zettai expanded her sound more by adding a lot more instruments.

I want to compare Shiina to Oomori, but I don't feel right doing it. They're too different musically. Basically, I feel that Shiina's debuts have much more staying power over Oomori's and that's why I don't think Oomori has yet to make a classic album. When I listened to MM or SS I wanted to keep listening to them over and over again, but with Mahou or Zettai I feel like I need to force the rest of the listen because they tend to drag towards the end.

Last edited by FadedSun : 2014.03.03 at 05:13 PM.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote