View Single Post
Old 2019.05.27, 11:14 PM   #10110
Fauxie

Fauxie is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by shirasagi View Post
Man, that's a lot of new stuff, do you care to share cherrypicked recommendations?
I know Rina Sawayama readily acknowledged her Utada Hikaru influence, so I'd like to listen to a tip.

And having been destroyed for my previous music recommendation here, I wanted to post this weeks ago but gave up. I'm gonna say it now and I wish this ended up on Utaite Myouri vol. 2 or something. Just cover it, Ringo.

Nakamori Akina: Pink Champagne

And this came up on the auto-play. Probably my favorite album of 2017.

Mondo Grosso: Labyrinth

Love that Mondo Grosso track (and the video).

Rina's Sawayama's stuff is nearly all on youtube, but I highly recommend Cherry, both the original version and the piano version.

Yuna has a new single out called Blank Marquee, which is fun, but I wouldn't say is her strongest work. Can't really go wrong with any of the albums Yuna, Noctural, or Chapters, all of which have some good melodies and cover a decent amount of musical ground, and her more acoustic, folky stuff prior to that is good in places too.

Since my earlier post I've been listening to Kadhja Bonet. Gorgeous voice, plays a silly amount of instruments (including violin and flute along with the main instruments), and has beautiful, lush arrangements of strings and horns.

Oh, about Chela, she has a new album coming out quite soon, I gather. Of her older stuff I'm eternally hooked on Zero and Romanticise.

Judith Hill's new song 'Upside' is fun. Filmed where I live, in Bangkok. Her voice is probably still better than the music she's making. Deserves just a little better.
Fauxie is offline   Reply With Quote