View Single Post
Old 2019.05.31, 08:48 AM   #132
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Aaaand... it's practically the same song. Again. How many times, Ringo? HOW MANY TIMES!
It's samey but I dig it. The vocal melody seems memorable and SAPS is a reliable collaborator. The track seems well balanced and I get similar vibes to Usurahi Shinjuu. Plus it doesn't hurt that Maaya Sakamoto sounds like a solid vocalist. If Ringo is going to continue down this path, at least she's had better taste in vocalists.

Originally Posted by shirasagi View Post
I'd LOVE to hear an opinion of someone who's never heard the singles previously, but good luck finding that person, right?
Totally! Which is tricky since for the most part it seems like people writing reviews are closer followers of Ringo's. I'm sure I'd have had a better experience listening to the album without the context of the past few years (and to a lesser extent with SUNNY perhaps). It's not a great feeling to view fandom is a limitation on my enjoyment however...

Really I would love to read translations of the album's lyrics since I'm sure there's more depth to the album as my perception is somewhat limited as a foreign listener. E.g. if Ma Cherie is about vanity, then I can see how it ties in to the theme of greed, etc.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote