View Single Post
Old 2008.09.22, 10:44 AM   #111
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Finally arrived, the mood is perfect, curtains drawn, perfect cup of espresso in hand. (Xbox repair box finally arrived too, now I just have to wait for it to break again.)

Edit - Live impressions

She could've went at Shoujo with a bit more energy and spunk.

God I love Remote Controller.

Ditto for akane sasu kiro terasaredo.

This is how Identity is suppose to sound live. Has she ever performed this song live b4? I think this ver. just erased the memories of previous vers. from my brain.

Byoshou Public is so much better live, I normally skip the song on my player but I might just replace that with this ver. (Can't wait to skip Benkai Debussy, or maybe I'll give that song a 30 sec listen just to see if she does anything good with it.)

Unconditional Love was probably my favorite song in that early-mid Shiina phase (when you get over the awesomeness of Tsumi and Honnou and reach deeper into the catelogue). She really takes off here, those slight pauses, those gestures, the cooing and breathy vocals. Might just replace the original with this one.

Nothing wrong with Kabukicho, but I'll keep my Ringohan performance, I'm just used to having Kareha leading into the song now.

I actually like Benkai Debussy, the heavier sound suits the song well.

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow...you can probably guess which song I'm refering to. Wow.

I couldn't stop smiling during My Luxury Night. Finally a definitive ver. of the song.

New ver. of Sid to replace my Ringohan ver. I love how happy she sounds during the Ringohan concert, but that performace is incomplete.

Never thought she could do Stoicism live like that.

nihon ni umarete was amazing, you guys were right, I never thought Shiina could play the piano like that. She didn't do no HZM antics up there, but it was a beautiful performance.

Verdict - I don't really know how to feel right now...best concert DVD? I think I have to put this above EM, just because she took alot of songs that I didn't love and made them great. I like this better than DO, this is a more consistent performance.

I probably took like 3-4 tracks from the Ringohan dvd, but I'm probably gonna take most of the tracks here.

I feel sorry for all those people in the audience, having to wait so many years to hear My Luxury Night again.

It has been awhile since Shiina made me tear up. It finally happened during my second viewing of My Luxury Night. If your reading this Shiina, please please stop torturing us with Tokyo Jihen and ditch 2/5ths of that band. You only need Kameda and Hata.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote