View Single Post
Old 2018.05.08, 09:51 PM   #2
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
After Spotify came to Brazil a lot of independent bands had the opportunity to showcase their amazing sounds to people like me, that wanted to find good bands in Brazil but couldn't because there is only shitty Brazilian music being played on the radio and TV
I know Justriiingo would appreciate A LOOOOT this thread if she was here, so if someone know how to contact her please let her know what I'm doing here!
Maybe Linnéa (from the now dead shiinaringo.se) would also appreciate O.o
I've actually been trying to get into Brazilian music & bossa nova a lot more these days! Now I finally have someone to get recommendations from! I know I'm not justriiingo or Linnéa but hopefully I'll do!

Banda do Mar is Mallu Magalhães (great in her solo work) and her now husband Marcelo Camelo (vocal/guitar and one of the main composers of Los Hermanos, arguably the best brazilian band from the last years). The two of them manage to unite the best characteristics of their music in only one project, it's a shame they've only released one album so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61jSSF3Vu54
I REALLY dig this one. She has a gorgeous voice (reminds me a little of someone like Astrud Gilberto or Emma Pollock) and I love the surf rock style guitar. I could definitely see this being in one of my chillout playlists. I just really love the vibe of this. Thank you for sharing!

Ricardo Ravel: this guy lived in the same city as me for years and I didn't know about him O____O nobody knows about him but his songs are great! It's a shame you guys don't understand portuguese, his lyrics are good too, especially this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZhWODEb6is
I like this guy's voice. It's got a very gritty quality to it while still sounding nice. Minimalist guitar and a nice drumbeat all the way through. I especially like the solo around 3 minutes in. What is the song about?

Soulvenir: These guys look like a heavy metal band with rastafari hair, but they sound completely opposite to it. I don't know if they changed their looks already, but it seems they've released a video clip from one of my favorite tracks. Oh, and they sing in english
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X54S9OuJFls
What a hauntingly beautiful song. The ethereal background music definitely reminds me of dream pop music like The Radio Dept but the singer is SO GOOD. He voice has this air-like quality to it. It just seems to float. The video is beautiful as well. It reminds me of snapshots from someone's memory. Maybe a lover of his who he remembers or had left/died long ago. At least that's the vibe I get. It feels bittersweet.

I'll post more stuff later
Please do! I'd love to see others!