View Single Post
Old 2010.10.09, 05:23 PM   #112
Superficial Fan

Superficial Fan raises the standards of what a community can offer

I've been not paying enough attention to Tokyo Jihen at my own loss, I now see, based on some recent clips (and some not even that recent) turning up on youtube, especially the "Kimaru" from "Ultra C" (at least I think that's what this is). I have to say, I am skeptical of the possibility of improving on the Dynamite Out! version of "Sounan," one of my favorite Tokyo Jihen (or Shiina Ringo, for that matter) performances ever. I'm not sure I can even listen to a Phase II version with open ears. (Edit: yes, it looks like I have not been keeping up as much as I should. I like this version so far, but I think it's an exceptionally solid song to begin with. Still, I think Dynamite Out! contains some of SR's best live vocals.)

I guess I need to wade through this thread, especially the comments about most of TJ's videos being region free, because the prospect of having to buy an extra DVD player has been one of the things that has made me hold on off buying some of this material. Well, in the past anyway, when my financial situation was (or felt) more secure. Right now I'm not sure I can allow myself to buy DVDs when the need to save is so pressing.

Last edited by Superficial Fan : 2010.10.09 at 05:33 PM.
Superficial Fan is offline   Reply With Quote