Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.07.03, 12:08 PM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Default Would SG benefit from a 'Sanmon Ecstasy?'

She said that she considers Expo the live for Sanmon Gossip, but will think about a live if her Fans (That mythical entity that was also responsible for VARIETY) want it enough.

Maybe it's unlikely because TJ are working on VARIETY 2 atm. But would you like to see one? Do you think a live could enhance the album? Would you want Phase 2 to do it?

I think she needs to get a good band up in thurr and Electric Mole it!

I want to hear a live rendition of Roudousha.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.03, 12:53 PM   #2
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I think the NHK performances are probably the most we're gonna get unless she performs some of the songs in concert with Jihen. I would personally love it if she did a solo concert to perform the Sanmon Gossip songs live (not with Phase 2) but if the new Tokyo Jihen album comes out this year then we can unfortunately say that ship has sailed.
Old 2009.07.03, 02:10 PM   #3
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

it could help, but I'm not sold it would.

Kyouiku benefitted from DO (and KZK from EM) but TJ1's reputation as a live act was never questioned. SG, if it were taken live, would not get the same budget and attention as Expo, so I'm ultimately skeptical.
Old 2009.07.03, 03:02 PM   #4
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't think SG would work well as a live show. For starters, most of the music is featuring collaborations from artists who might be difficult to go on a full tour. She could do a one night special like she did with Baisho Ecstacy, but she won't do a show with this music until sometime after the next TJ phase or perhaps a song or two during TJ's next phase.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.03, 03:56 PM   #5
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Why bother trying to gather a bunch of people when you can rearrange tracks and put together another Phase 1 quality band to perform them? It's not like previous collaborations have stopped her before and it sure did turn out nicely last time.
Old 2009.07.03, 05:13 PM   #6
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Mm, that's what I meant about Electric Moleifying it. Getting a great band together to perform new renditions of the SG, and 'improving' them in the same way that Dynamite Out did to Kyouiku.

But as I'm typing the above, it does seem kind of unlikely. But I think that Sanmon Gossip would definitely benefit from it. We're prob more likely to get Phase 2 versions of 'Roudousha', and a (butchered) 'Ariamaru Tomi.'
Old 2009.07.03, 11:21 PM   #7
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Why bother trying to gather a bunch of people when you can rearrange tracks and put together another Phase 1 quality band to perform them? It's not like previous collaborations have stopped her before and it sure did turn out nicely last time.
cuz SG is more of collaborative effort than anything ringo's ever done. most of the tracks are so strongly influenced by the guest artist/arranger that replacing them with a musician on tour is not only a slap in the face to their contribution, but probably not a good choice for the music either. How is Ringo supposed to perform the raps without Mummy-D or the accordion without Coba? She just won't. She could replace Soil and Pimp with an orchestra like she did at EXPO, but it came out terrible (EXPO Karisome Otome was horrible compared to studio, if you ask me)
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.04, 12:26 AM   #8
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

I've had my fill of the HF sound. I want to hear these song Jihen-ified during a tour after the 4th album is out.

The live version of every SR/TJ song, Variety included sound better to me than the album versions with all the studio polishing, bells, whistles and harps. Dynamite Out saved the Education album for me which I wasnt too fond of as studio recording. Maybe the same can happen with SG?
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.04, 05:08 AM   #9
Scribble R

I think the Variety lives (Spa and SOTC) sounded many times better than the album versions, but they merely enhanced songs that were bad in the first place. Dynamite Out! gave those Kyouiku songs the boost they needed to be as satisfying as her solo stuff (Well, in my case anyway)

I think Sanmon Gossip would benefit from that.
Old 2009.07.04, 09:40 AM   #10
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
cuz SG is more of collaborative effort than anything ringo's ever done. most of the tracks are so strongly influenced by the guest artist/arranger that replacing them with a musician on tour is not only a slap in the face to their contribution, but probably not a good choice for the music either. How is Ringo supposed to perform the raps without Mummy-D or the accordion without Coba? She just won't. She could replace Soil and Pimp with an orchestra like she did at EXPO, but it came out terrible (EXPO Karisome Otome was horrible compared to studio, if you ask me)
It wouldn't be any more of a slap in the face to those artists than the Phase 2 version of Service is to HZM. Performing the KSK songs and Ringo no Uta live also wasn't a slap in the face of anybody.

The solutions are simple. Use a recording of Mummy D and rearrange Bonsai Hada to fit a band. Bonsai Hada would be similar to Nippon ni Umarete if arranged for a full band instead of an accordion. It'd be pretty sweet if you think about it. Also pretty sure you're in the minority on Karisome Otome.