Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.06.14, 08:00 PM   #21
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Yeah, I don't think this Ringo persona shows up anymore except when she does the occasional crazy eyes. o_o I guess she came to an end when her solo career finished?
Old 2007.06.14, 08:37 PM   #22
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
o_o What did he say?? (Oh cool, you have his autograph!?!?)
I've had an autographed picture of him since his rookie year. Anyway he said some ish like, "Am I excited about going to Cleveland? No. If I ever say I'm excited about going to Cleveland, I'll punch myself in the face because I'm lying."
Old 2007.06.14, 10:21 PM   #23
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

The reason is easy to guess.
All April 6-9 series games were postponed due to snow.
http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/cle.../postponed.jsp
His team are forced to visit Cleveland for 1 game insted of off day for transfer, 3 times (May 21, Jun 11 and August 30 ).
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.14, 11:06 PM   #24
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I have a theory about this, but I'm sure some people will think I'm crazy.

Shiina Ringo's mole... was an alien lifeform.

Yes, you heard me right.

When Yumiko was a wee baby, the mole attached itself to her face. Her parents thought it was just a tick, so they paid it no mind. Now the mole had not yet reached puberty, so it didn't have much of an influence on her thoughts. However, as the host and the parasite became older, the parasite's powers grew exponentially.

The mole eventually gained complete control of Ringo's mental functions and her personality changed for several years... but when she eventually composed the music for KZK, the alien said "WHOA, this stuff is quite good" and entered a state of extreme intoxication. The more it listened to the music of KZK, the less control it had over her brainwaves.

Eventually, Ringo had enough control of her thoughts to make the crucial decision to have the alien removed from her face. Her personality returned to its original state and she went on to create a band for herself, feeling that having four men around at all times would keep her safe from any more alien moles.

(However, since she was still fresh out of the control of the mole, her thoughts were a bit fuzzy and she thought she was making her dream band, when in fact that didn't come until two years later when she was truly herself again. )
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.15, 08:56 AM   #25
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

why it seems I already heard it before?!

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.15, 09:11 AM   #26
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

WHAT, someone agrees with me? Or have I read the theory before, forgotten it, and subconsciously recalled it as my own?
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.15, 09:33 AM   #27
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I love Ringo's manner in interviews. I think like anyone she has changed and grown a lot as a person. She is an amazing artist and performer and she has said before that Ringo was a persona, one who would only make three albums (she did this before she actually made the third and then went solo) before moving on to something else.

I don't like Ichiro and I don't like all the attention he has gotten with her recently, in interviews for HF era stuff, I would rather listen to her talk about her new music than listen to people constantly talk about how she wrote a song about him.

In terms of her speech, I love it. She sounds very intelligent, very well spoken, educated, polite. I think that is why she is so highly respected and regarded in the music industry even though it is easy to pull up pictures of her holding guns to her head.

In some ways I feel like I have grown with her. I was really into that wild crazy side when I first got into her in high school (during SS maybe?) but as I got older, her music did too, and I kind of feel like she matured in a very classy way. SR is kind of that freaky balls-to-the-wall performer who people actually respect because they know at the end of the day she is a wonderful person off the stage.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.22, 10:20 AM   #28
zach

zach has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post

Shiina Ringo's mole... was an alien lifeform.
It all makes sense now!

Don't know Japanese, but sing along anyway
my mp3 list
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.22, 09:14 PM   #29
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
I think its probably just old Japanese manners (whether she really is like that or not I do not know). Women are (or I guess were? Im not sure) supposed to be very respectful to men so I guess thats why she behaved like that. But I think she looks sexy being modest
Dude, Ringo could care less about gender roles. Do you know nothing?? Read the biography, read her lyrics before you make stupid assumptions like that.

All it is, is her sincere, genuine admiration of these people. She really does feel as if she doesn't deserve to be around them because of how much respect she has for them... AS PEOPLE. Not as men. As people/artists/actors/baseball players/etc.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote