Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.10.28, 02:09 PM   #181
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I don't think I've made any comment on this single yet... been sooo super busy with everything.

I don't think I'll pass any judgement on it until I hear it anyway. With OSCA I automatically thought I'd hate it because of the credits, but it turned out to be one of my favourite TJ songs, so I'll just wait..

Though I'd really like to know now whether I'm going to like it or not, so I can decide whether to get in now and get the first press. I wonder if it'll have any special printing methods or anything (like the OSCA and Killer Tune die cut spines), or just the ticket thing, which I don't care for..
Old 2009.10.28, 05:19 PM   #182
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
They were going to pulverise yoyogi park? Not while the rock-a-billies are standing there, I hope. They'd have something to say about that. =P

lazer: There are five olympic rings on the single cover (Except they're not rings. But it's still a direct reference)

All it took was a few orange cones and a sign to stop the bands from playing. Those bands made Yoyogi Park the coolest Park in the world. I want to know the real reasoning behind making Yoyogi park just a normal park. I heard it had something to do with 'safety' as if a bunch of shy kids who were sweating about playing their music in front of people and the people walking by on their way to go shopping were going to cause a problem at 4 o clock in the afternoon. I'm not sure if this was caused by the Tokyo government or by Yakuza because those food stands are supposedly linked to Yakuza and they have multiplied exponentially since the bands dissapeared.
Old 2009.10.28, 05:29 PM   #183
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

wait... what? There are no rockabillies in Yoyogi Park anymore? Or any other weird groups of people? Are you kidding me??
Old 2009.10.28, 05:32 PM   #184
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
All it took was a few orange cones and a sign to stop the bands from playing. Those bands made Yoyogi Park the coolest Park in the world. I want to know the real reasoning behind making Yoyogi park just a normal park. I heard it had something to do with 'safety' as if a bunch of shy kids who were sweating about playing their music in front of people and the people walking by on their way to go shopping were going to cause a problem at 4 o clock in the afternoon. I'm not sure if this was caused by the Tokyo government or by Yakuza because those food stands are supposedly linked to Yakuza and they have multiplied exponentially since the bands dissapeared.
whaaaaaaaat? things have changed since I've been gone I see. that is too bad. next thing you know meiji jingu mae will be devoid of gothic lolita and cosplayers. I think all of it boils down to the douche bag mayor who is intent on "cleaning up" Tokyo, which can mean a plethora of things, amongst them: de-black-ifying Roppongi to make it devoid of drugs and crime (yeahhhhh right), conducting random on the street searches outside clubs in Shibuya and Shinjuku (looking for E on club kids? too easy), hassling the homo's in 2ch going in and out of host clubs, bars, and sex shops (leave the nice repressed gays alone!), and tearing down prominent public toilets which hold a very famous spot in local gay history and literature, also home to unabashed gay cruising. if salary man want to grope each other in the toilet, I say let them have at it! pedestrians are smart enough to avoid that toilet unless your there for the specific purpose of getting oogled. tearing it down was an unofficial declaration of war on the gay community (not because it was a dirty sex-infested hole in the ground, but because of what it meant in local history and literature, thanks to certain famous authors and historians such as Yukio Mishima). On a whole, if your gay, black, or a punk, the mayor wants you out of Tokyo. Since Kabuki-chou was considerably "cleaned up" and is now not nearly as scary as it was a decade ago, I think he on a quest to "beautify" the city in other areas. fucking tyrant.

back to the single!

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.10.28 at 05:35 PM.
Old 2009.10.28, 09:53 PM   #185
lazer85

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
whaaaaaaaat? things have changed since I've been gone I see. that is too bad. next thing you know meiji jingu mae will be devoid of gothic lolita and cosplayers.
um.....

I think I counted 1 when I went two weeks ago. That area is more foreign people than Japanese now. The stores cator more to foreigners than to Japanese kids with bad taste these days.

The Nigerians that work for the clubs will never dissapear because they work with Yakuza and the only way you are protected from Tokyo's anti-fun policy is if your in with Yakuza. I think those Nigerians are one of the few things the government could do to actually clean up. Obviously I'm not talking about all blacks! and not all Nigerians either.

I'm fine with men groping each other in toilets as long as they have some ettiquette and don't get any body fluids on the seat. You can't expect everyone to know all the homo-famous bathrooms either, there should be a warning (such as 'This bathroom is Fabulous' or just a simple 男X男 sign...I think its fair just in case they don't have that nice ettiquete).

As much as I HATE HATE HATE bringing attention to this because Mishima was a genious and Ishihara is a scumbag....they were best friends when Mishima was alive.

Last edited by lazer85 : 2009.10.28 at 10:02 PM.
Old 2009.10.29, 12:50 AM   #186
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

That's interesting. Lol, I was telling my friend, who is going to Japan for New Year w/ boyfriend, to make sure she gets a Sunday in her trip because Yoyogi/Harajuku is essential.

And it's not just me. That recommendation is in like every tourist guide.I didn't get to see the infamous predatory Nigerians. Although every black person I saw in Tokyo nodded at me.

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I say let them have at it! pedestrians are smart enough to avoid that toilet unless your there for the specific purpose of getting oogled.
I misread that as googled -- a photo with a with a black bar over their faces and bits, wearing a expression and a headline reading Caught in the Akkuto! came to mind.
Old 2009.10.29, 05:16 PM   #187
lazer85

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
wait... what? There are no rockabillies in Yoyogi Park anymore? Or any other weird groups of people? Are you kidding me??
I saw rockabillies 3 weeks ago so I think theyre fine but the bands are gone and lollitas seem to come and go, like groups of them decide LETS GO HANG OUT AT THAT FAMOUS SPOT, and they do and realize that its tiring (the amount of tourists is probably extremely tiring especially when they realize they dont speak English well enough to deal with them) and that its lame and they stop going. There isnt a community of them anymore from what I can see.

Yoyogi Park is still worth going to but it is definetly not 100 times more amazing than any other park anymore. On a sunday you can expect a lot of people still practicing wierd talents (juggling glass balls, ghetto tap dancing, extreme hackey sack) and nerdy endevours from the accordian to comedy sketches to otaku ....dances(?). Theres also a lot of festivals on the stage still but they are wayyyyyy more $$$-based now, all of them have tons of booths selling stuff (there used to be all kind of events with absolutely nothing to buy), and sometimes they even charge you to get close to the stage (though I've only seen these twice). At first I thought the bands dissapeared to make things 'safe' as a way to weed down popularity so there wouldnt be outrage if they used it for the olympics but then i think i discovered the real reason when they started building lots of convention centers and businesses way closer to the park (Not sure but Cirque de soloil might be there). I guess the bands were a hastle for the businesses (fuckers).

So its still a decent park but they have dethroned it as the most fun place to spend the day in Tokyo. It is now just a nice place to spend an afternoon.

Last edited by lazer85 : 2009.10.29 at 07:09 PM.
Old 2009.10.29, 08:35 PM   #188
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Where the f is our song clip?

Anyway, Kameda updated his blog about a flu pandemic or something, talking about his sons and hand gel or summat. And he finishes up by saying that he went to to the studio. grumble cake should be interested at least...
Old 2009.10.29, 08:58 PM   #189
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Where the f is our song clip?

Anyway, Kameda updated his blog about a flu pandemic or something, talking about his sons and hand gel or summat. And he finishes up by saying that he went to to the studio. grumble cake should be interested at least...
isn't that a given? considering they said they are working on the fourth album?
Old 2009.10.29, 09:10 PM   #190
Scribble R

I wasn't reporting him going to the studio as news, obviously
I was merely summarising his post, considering that he was the topic of discussion a couple-a pages back.
Closed Thread