Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.11.30, 03:32 PM   #1421
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
It was filmed with completely new cameras created by Cameron for this movie (and any future movie that wants to use the technology, I imagine) and he recommends IMAX for viewing. It does use IMAX 3D. I haven't been to an IMAX before, all I know is that they're bigger with better sound and I think I read that the 3D is better too (don't quote me on that though). No doubt the digital projector will be better than the old pap used in my other local cinema. I'm pretty sure any movie playing on IMAX will benefit from it, else it wouldn't be chosen to be displayed on IMAX.
IMAX utilizes film which is a good 10 times the size of regular film. I highly doubt what he was using to film the movie was an IMAX camera simply because they are HUGE and amazingly heavy. Parts of the Dark Knight were filmed with them. If you just play a regular movie in IMAX it looks huge and impressive but if you actually can watch something filmed for IMAX on the proper film and its amazing, because it doesn't have to be enlarged nearly as much as the regular film.

my guess is he probably did it all digitally and the IMAX transfer is in higher definition simply because he is utilizing the larger screen and film size. then again, if its in digital 3D there isn't any film anyways, but it will most definitely be impressive.

I love James Cameron. I'm hoping this movie is akin to his work like Abyss, which I enjoyed.
Old 2009.11.30, 04:02 PM   #1422
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

My cinema still doesn't offer reservations of Avatar, so I'll have to book them next monday. I hope I'll get some tickets for the premier on Wednesday. I wonder how often I'll go to see that movie

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.12.01, 09:29 AM   #1423
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I really want to get excited about Avatar because it's a James Cameron blockbuster (That isn't Titanic), and it'd be nice to round off the year with an epic like that, but...
Old 2009.12.01, 12:06 PM   #1424
golem09

?

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.12.01, 12:24 PM   #1425
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

This season of Dexter is absolutely fantastic. Lithgow is by far my favourite antagonist on the show, there hasn't been a single poor episode and it's getting tense as hell. And the preview for the final 2 episodes...
Old 2009.12.01, 12:34 PM   #1426
golem09

Still haven't finished the LAST season of Dexter...

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.12.01, 01:20 PM   #1427
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Hurry up. Season 3 was great, but the weakest of the 4 I feel. This season I think is stronger than the first so far and the last 2 episodes look insane so it shouldn't fizzle out at the end either.
Old 2009.12.02, 09:40 AM   #1428
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Last year I watched a bunch of Hitchcock films. What started as a 'gotta check him out because I have to' developed into genuine enjoyment and fascination with his films, and I began digging into the more obscure stuff (I enjoyed his British films more than the later American ones) There were four more films of his that I wanted to see before moving on: Shadow of a Doubt, Rear Window, Strangers on a Train and Vertigo, but stuff happened and I didn't get to see them.

So after I watch Ugly Betty tonite, I'll resume my Hitchcockathon by starting Shadow of a Doubt!!!

My favourite film of his is The Lady Vanishes. I think I'll also rewatch the first hour or so of North by Northwest because I love Cary Grant's character's mother. XD
Old 2009.12.03, 07:14 AM   #1429
golem09

Just saw that there is a new reality show with Steven Seagal not playing, but actually doing real policework.

lawl

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.12.11, 03:03 PM   #1430
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Ugly Betty has been phenomenal so far this season. I am loving it and really hope it doesn't end here. Can't believe Justin claimed not to be gay--ha, okay right. The Office has been... okay. I think it needs to end soon. And I really need to start watching FlashForward already.

Not surprised at all to hear (via media sources, not here) that Heroes is tanking worse than ever this season. I knew it was such a lie that "oh, this season is going to be the good one! The one that gets it together! We promise!" Riiiight... of course that didn't turn out to be true. I wish that shit would just get canned already.

Ugh, you guys are making me reconsider my decision to drop Glee like a hot potato. It just looked like a huge mess with boring storylines and one-dimensional characters (especially the female characters). Now I'm just sick of hearing about it. But maybe it's not that bad... ahhh, I dunno.

Movies I want to see: The Princess and the Frog, Sherlock Holmes, The Lovely Bones. Probably Avatar too. But I really want to see the first three *_* I hope they didn't fuck up The Lovely Bones, it's one of my favorite books. And let's face it, Sherlock Holmes is going to be fucking hot. 8D 8D
Closed Thread