Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2010.12.09, 08:13 AM   #1
zombiestrip

zombiestrip pleased at least somebody
Default Shiina Ringo's favourite films?

First off, forgive me if this kind of thread already exists and if it's in the wrong area, please move it.

I'm not sure if Ringo's ever had a list of films she's stated as being her favourites. I like think of myself as a movie nerd and have been curious about what her taste in films would be like these last few days (I have no idea why, the thought just came to me randomly).

Having said that, what do you guys reckon her favourite films could be?

I'm thinking she would really dig some of Wong Kar-wai's films, like In The Mood for Love for example. Given her music and personality, she'd seem like the kind of person to dig arthouse cinema, lol.
zombiestrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.09, 08:59 AM   #2
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

I think I've heard her say some of her favorite movies are "Saraba waga ai" (which I think is known in English-speaking territories as "Farewell my Concubine"), and some movie called "Zoo" (which I know nothing about). She might also be a fan of "Black Orpheus" because she covered the theme song.
Old 2010.12.09, 09:07 AM   #3
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Tower Records interview back in Sanmon Gossip era

Q:
What was the last movie that you really enjoyed watching, made you feel deeply emotioned or made you cry aloud?
A: Torch Song Trilogy.

Originally Posted by wiki
Torch Song Trilogy is a collection of three plays by Harvey Fierstein rendered in three acts: International Stud, Fugue in a Nursery, and Widows and Children First! The story centers on Arnold Beckoff, a torch song-singing Jewish drag queen living in New York City in the late 1970 and 1980s. The four hour-plus play begins with a soliloquy in which he explains his cynical disillusionment with love.
There was a film based on the play.

Really not the same thing, but hey:
Question #14
Q: (Supposing you watch TV) What’s your favorite TV show recently?
A: Nowadays it's "Tamishite Gaten" and "Tsurube no Kazoku ni Kanpai" and "Close-up".

Last edited by Scribble R : 2010.12.09 at 09:10 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.09, 10:51 AM   #4
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

i heard she fucking LOVES Meet the Spartans.