Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.05.12, 02:37 PM   #111
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Shiina and Ukigumos rejected glico kissmint jingles reduced to standard album tracks. That is amusing.
Old 2011.05.12, 06:07 PM   #112
xephyr

xephyr pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
We all realize what most musicians do for money is "sell albums" and "perform live shows" right?
I know what you're getting at, but what's so bad about doing a commercial tie-in. A lot of us hold Shiina in high regard but I don't think this was anything to get fussy about. I'm following up on what TurtleFu said a few posts back but with my opinion on the entertainment industry and rejecting notions some people have about artists shamelessly compromising their art for the sake of a paycheck. I'm not saying what Shiina has done so far has been perfect but it could be so, so much worse.
Old 2011.05.12, 11:40 PM   #113
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

The way I look at it, Tokyo Jihen's national tour only lasts a little over two months. Thats kinda sad when compared to Hanson which can tour for almost a year all over world.

Concert ticket sales are where artist make the most money.

Hanson making more money than TJ makes the situation sadder.
Old 2011.05.13, 07:33 AM   #114
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

20/5 Music Station:
SHIINA RINGO - Onna no Ko wa Dare demo
Old 2011.05.13, 07:44 AM   #115
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Gosh... Now I don't understand anything o_O. Is this still because of the Hata incident? Why are they releasing an album in a month then?
Old 2011.05.13, 08:35 AM   #116
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Last edited by ChickShhh : 2011.05.13 at 08:48 AM.
Old 2011.05.13, 08:58 AM   #117
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by xephyr View Post
I know what you're getting at, but what's so bad about doing a commercial tie-in.
Surely you can see a difference between a band having their song used in a commercial (Gunjou Biyori) and specifically writing a song for a commercial (Dopamint) while then putting the commercial song on the next album, yes? One is completely fine while the other is pretty offensive.
Old 2011.05.13, 09:09 AM   #118
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Surely you can see a difference between a band having their song used in a commercial (Gunjou Biyori) and specifically writing a song for a commercial (Dopamint) while then putting the commercial song on the next album, yes? One is completely fine while the other is pretty offensive.
I find dopamint! being put on the new album "pretty offensive", not for being a commercial tie-in... but because it sucks. "Onna no Ko wa Dare Demo" is a good song. If she worked in the Maquillage slogan seamlessly, more power to her.

On a side note, I think it's just as much a Madonna reference she threw in for fun, like the Vanilla Ice reference she made in "Oishii Kisetsu".
Old 2011.05.13, 09:12 AM   #119
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Gosh... Now I don't understand anything o_O. Is this still because of the Hata incident? Why are they releasing an album in a month then?
I think it's natural for her to perform this song solo instead of making the band members (mainly Ukigumo) sit around looking awkward. Does the single make any mention of Tokyo Jihen playing along with the orchestra, or was the (non-vocal) music done by another group?
Old 2011.05.13, 10:13 AM   #120
baruga

baruga has had more than 15 seconds of fame

"Beautiful Discovery" then, huh?
Closed Thread