Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.02.02, 09:00 AM   #1201
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
I need a new drum kit Still no mention of European release date for the RB2 instruments.
Nothing is impossible.
Just ask golem09 about how he got his first-generation drum kit (back when it wasn't officially out in Europe yet).
Old 2009.02.02, 09:34 AM   #1202
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Nothing is impossible.
Just ask golem09 about how he got his first-generation drum kit (back when it wasn't officially out in Europe yet).
Do you REALLY want me to tell him?

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.02, 09:44 AM   #1203
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I imported the first drum kit and this is how I'm in this drumless situation -- all UK Rock Band warranties are handled by the place of purchase. Since I didn't purchase it in the UK, I don't have any way of replacing my broken kit. Heck I don't even have an option to pay for a repair. As much as the RB2 kit is supposedly more reliable, I'm going to wait this time for peace of mind. It's not like I'm in a huge rush to play like I was back before the first game was released. I don't regret importing then because I got the game 6 or so months earlier than the UK release and even with the now broken kit it was worth it; but I'm not taking the risk again. Not to mention that money is tighter now and I wouldn't really want to pay the extra for shipping and the custom fees.
Old 2009.02.02, 10:36 AM   #1204
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

God knows when I'll be able to afford it. Just ordered another pair of speakers, this time for about 1800€. Later this year I'll get a matching amp, and well, that's it aside from some CDs and RE5 once it's cheap.
(The demo didn't really turn me on, Gears somehow changed my perception of third person shooters for good
And the AI so far is ridiculous. On BOTH sides)

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.10, 07:36 AM   #1205
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

So I finally started playing Digital Devil Saga today. Believe it or not, I pre-ordered Parts 1 & 2 (back in 2005), and didn't even take Part 1 out of the shrinkwrap until last night. A year ago I actually saw someone on eBay auctioning off Parts 1 & 2 together (unopened), and the set closed for $180. Can you imagine how smug it feels to open a $90+ game for the first time, that you bought for $55 back when that was the normal price?

After playing it for a few hours, this is a better game than I had expected (or I should have expected more because Maou kept telling me it was the best of the Shin Megami Tensei series). Extremely stylish atmospheres and game menus, more of the refreshingly-different-for-an-RPG Shin Megami Tensei style music, and the character advancement system is so much more flexible than what I've taken for granted from the series.

Even if I became unemployed and had bills to pay, this is one of the last games I would ever sell.
Old 2009.02.10, 08:39 AM   #1206
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Haha, what? I don't ever remember saying DDS was the best. The main series and Persona are the best SMT games. For the PS2:

Nocturne > Persona 4 > Persona 3 > Devil Summoner 2 > DDS > Devil Summoner

Still, they're all great with the exception of the original Devil Summoner. I'm still on P4 (final dungeon) and I'm a little pissed off that I didn't even get to start Naoto's Social Link because I never maxed out the Courage stat. I was also unaware that some Social Links become unavailable in November and are now stuck on level 9. Ah well, more to do in my next cycle.
Old 2009.02.10, 08:47 AM   #1207
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I just finished Resident Evil 4 again (first time was when it was released) I don't remember the game being as big as it was! my complete time was just over 18 hours, I was expecting maybe 6 or 7 hours (from a perceived memory) so it was a surprise at how big the game actually is, it's still a 10/10 experience and is the best game on the console in my view, I'm gonna go through it again with my previous end game equipment (maxed out Revolver & maxed out Shotgun) !!!
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.10, 09:04 AM   #1208
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Haha, what? I don't ever remember saying DDS was the best. The main series and Persona are the best SMT games. For the PS2:

Nocturne > Persona 4 > Persona 3 > Devil Summoner 2 > DDS > Devil Summoner

Still, they're all great with the exception of the original Devil Summoner. I'm still on P4 (final dungeon) and I'm a little pissed off that I didn't even get to start Naoto's Social Link because I never maxed out the Courage stat. I was also unaware that some Social Links become unavailable in November and are now stuck on level 9. Ah well, more to do in my next cycle.
Maybe what you said was that DDS has the best character advancement. In Nocturne you don't unequip a skill - you abandon it, and never look back. I do enjoy the challenge of customizing a demon, though. Going through hypothetical fusions at different times of day, to ensure that a demon has every skill you want. I wish Meditation was transferable because it's very strong for what it costs, and it's disgusting when you are fully boosted and your enemy is fully weakened.

Devil Summoner was a disappointment. I hate replacing a turn-based system with an action system because you get so many less options that way - especially if you can't even do Wait like in Final Fantasy XII. Demons don't have anywhere near as many skills they can activate in combat. The only thing cool I ever put together was a Thoth with Phys Resist (to break even on his only notable weakness), so I could send him on solo missions and he'd never have to heal because more the half the attacks that enemies attempted were things Thoth could absorb.

I haven't played any of the Personas yet. I still have unopened copies of Persona 2 and 3.
Old 2009.02.11, 08:41 AM   #1209
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I probably said that and it was probably after getting annoyed with countless hours of trying to get the "best" fusions in the main series or Persona. You don't know the pain yet of trying for a Persona with Debilitate and Heat Riser or a four-element Succubus/Lilith. Of course, you already know how game-breaking buffs/debuffs are in the SMT games so a Debilitate/Heat Riser combo should be difficult to fuse.

BTW, Chie in Persona 4 is broken as soon as she hits Lv70 and gets God's Hand. She's almost broken before that because of her OHKO follow-up attack. I killed a mid-boss with her Galactic Punt after hitting it's minion's weakness.

Skip P3 and buy FES if you haven't already. It's worth it just for Elizabeth's Social Link. Also check out the P2: Innocent Sin fan translation before Eternal Punishment.
Old 2009.02.12, 05:37 PM   #1210
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Anybody else disappointed by Killzone 2? I got the demo for my PS3 and was well excited about the prospect but after playing it I just felt kinda bored. I don't dispute that as a graphical & technical showpiece it's clearly magnificent to look at and feels solid and believable but it's just boring as hell to play I don't know? it just didn't live up to what I was expecting from it, the game just seemed boring for me. The game seems to lack the great characters like Dom and Marcus in Gears 2 and from what I saw they also ripped off the Cole Train (woo woo) though he's not as good from what I've seen I think Gears will still be the best of the bunch for the foreseeable future. (and rightly so cause it's awesome)
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote