Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2010.08.30, 12:35 PM   #121
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

You don't think Mikki is sexy like George Michael in the "Faith" PV?

That Hirama song could have been dumped as a TJ song in another dimension
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.01, 02:25 PM   #122
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

ewww on that Mikky-Vid...!

@topic since the single finally appeared on the german iTunes store I got my digital copy a couple of days ago and I pretty much like it - especially Dopamint sounds better than what I expected from the excerp you can hear in the new Watering Kiss Mint CM.
Still need a couple of listenings on Tengoku e youkoso. Loved their gig at Music Station, though!
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.06, 08:51 AM   #123
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

mr. Pillow is an asset to this community

I recall someone here saying that "Killer Tune is horrendous". Not that I disagree, though, but...if that song was horrendous, how would I call "Tengoku e Youkoso"? Song has no rhyme or reason to it. It's useless, and utterly boring. I just saw their performance at Music Station, expecting that the live-feeling could have filled the lacks of the studio version...then I realized there's no way I'm gonna like this song.

I'm not really disappointed, though. After all, I guess this is not representative at all of their future work - or, at least, this is what I hope for. Otherwise, I would be worried. As of today, I still like Tokyo Jihen, even though "Variety" is not my favourite album, etc., and I'm still expecting a lot from them.

I'm not spending a word on "Dopamint!". Literally.

Last edited by mr. Pillow : 2010.09.06 at 01:26 PM.
mr. Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.28, 04:48 PM   #124
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Interesting instrumental rearrangement of Tengoku e Youkoso from the TV drama:

Edit: Oh, they've updated the English Kronekodow site. Maybe TJ are taking over a US anime con after all =P

Last edited by Scribble R : 2010.09.28 at 04:54 PM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.29, 08:43 AM   #125
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

finally decided to listen to this song after all....
i would like to say that this song is very tokyo jihen ala variety.
they've got their sound now... even though it's not what i like, but i think it's definitely unique.
Old 2010.09.30, 09:12 PM   #126
Controversy

Controversy has had more than 15 seconds of fame

after lurking around for so long, i think i can finally post a incoherent opinion on tengoku e youkoso.

i have no technical knowledge of music or whatsoever, so i'll just let my ears do the judging. at first listen, i was completely overwhelmed by the guitar wails. in a bad way. i couldn't even finish listening to the song. and then i saw the music station live on youtube, and thought maybe my opinion of this song will change (i've come to realise that all tj songs sound better live).

the guitar was just horrendous there. of course, ringo singing over the guitar wails in a screechy way didn't really help. (actually she reminded me of a banshee in that live, so +1 for visual effects)

long story short, i'm just going to ignore this single and go back to my ultra c audio rip. because i'm sick of forcing myself to like all jihen releases (variety being one of them).
Controversy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.01, 01:04 AM   #127
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Controversy View Post
because i'm sick of forcing myself to like all jihen releases (variety being one of them).
oh such devotion.
liking something should never be forced.
Old 2010.10.04, 07:50 PM   #128
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Why would you force yourself to like anything? if it's shit then it's shit! that goes for anything and everything.

Blind loyalty/fandom is pointless, take what you like and forget the rest exists.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.04, 09:56 PM   #129
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I still haven't listened to this..h m..
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.19, 03:44 PM   #130
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Dopamint! translation. Yay!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote