Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.11.06, 03:41 AM   #1341
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
On a whole I wish there was more fantasy numbers, like Mercedes had during Bust Your Windows.
I thought that was the single worst part of the show thus far. It was totally out of place, cheesy and unnecessary. Somebody To Love was my favourite track so far though. I agree with Scribble, I found the show interesting in the first couple of episodes then it started falling apart. I didn't know what the show wanted to be. Then I started really liking it. The drama worked and it became really funny. It doesn't have to separate the two, I don't think.

The dubbing is still pretty bad, but it's getting better. I don't understand how it's so bad, it's never something I've noticed stand out so much in a musical yet the team are clearly very talented.
Old 2009.11.06, 11:44 AM   #1342
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

the dubbing doesn't bother me at all, yet I see a lot of people comment on that. bust your windows is was pretty awesome and I like the fantasy tracks, but that whole storyline was pretty stupid. they have done better fantasy numbers with Quinn.
Old 2009.11.06, 12:07 PM   #1343
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Yeah I don't have a problem with fantasy songs per se, as long as they're relevant and good. But the windows one was just awful. That episode in general almost put me off the show entirely, if I remember correctly.
Old 2009.11.06, 12:27 PM   #1344
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Yeah I don't have a problem with fantasy songs per se, as long as they're relevant and good. But the windows one was just awful. That episode in general almost put me off the show entirely, if I remember correctly.
apparently next week's episode is really quite dramatic and easily the best in the show. as the show goes along I think it is finding its footing a bit, as most shows take time doing. that episode was just painful to watch at times, I mean the whole Mercedes thing is just unbelievable, like she would never guess Kurt was a total homo. the song was really well done though, it grows on you, I have the soundtrack and that song is a real highlight on repeated listens, she did a great job. the acafellas thing was kind of lame but josh groban was pretty funny.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.11.06 at 12:32 PM.
Old 2009.11.10, 02:36 PM   #1345
kuro_neko

double post for the win!

I went to go see The Fourth Kind today. Kind of strange how Paranormal Activity got all the hype and this is where the real goods are, if you ask me. For starters, PA falls apart on repeated views. I saw it 3 times in the theatre and by the third time it was almost impossible to rewatch, the entire film is built upon the suspense, sustained only for a first time viewer and primarily through the soundtrack (which means it will suck on DVD unless you have a nice sound system). The Fourth Kind was much more interesting as it starts off with Milla Jovovich breaking the fourth wall and introducing the film as herself, stating her name and saying the footage they are about to show is all real and blah blah blah. the film itself consists of dramatized re-enactments coupled with the real footage, audio, and first hand accounts from the character Milla plays, Dr. Abigail Tyler. Now, after viewing the actual footage in the movie, I think it is a little too extreme to count for real footage. Had it been any more vague people would complain it wasn't showing enough, but in what it does show it takes the line of credibility a bit too far I think...overall it does a really nice job walking the truth versus fiction line and gives you a lot to think about by the time the movie is over. The movie isn't what I'd call scary, more, severely creepy. I walked out and was the last one in the theatre to live, and couldn't help feeling I was glad to not be alone in the theatre. I must say I watch hundreds of horror/scary movies a year, at least several on a weekly basis, and this is a rare feeling for me. I guess its the inner X-Files nerd inside.

good news for ugly betty fans, abc put the plug in eastwick, so after it finishes its 13 episode run they have a wednesday night time slot open up. lost still has not had a date and time set yet and sources are indicating that ABC is considering moving betty to the wednesday night time slot to compliment modern family and cougar town as a triple comedy night threat. no idea what that means for lost, but considering it is in its last season and people will watch it no matter when it is on, night doesn't make too much of a difference. pairing it with cougar town and modern family on wednesday seems like a bit of an odd grouping. some people suggested moving it with Flash Foward and V. either way, this is getting interesting. at least it seems like Betty outperformed expectations for the Friday night and despite being moved to let it quietly die, it is still going strong and in a creative resurgence.
Old 2009.11.12, 11:54 AM   #1346
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

What are people going to see in the cinema in the next few months?

I have my eyes on Precious, The Princess and the Frog, and Avatar. I think the last one's gonna be disappointing tho
Old 2009.11.12, 02:53 PM   #1347
Inaudible-Whisper

Off the top of my head... Avatar, The Lovely Bones, The Road, Nine (not to be confused with the animated 9), Paranormal Activity, 2012 (lolz), Sherlock Holmes, The Book of Eli, Shutter Island. And probably a few other smaller ones depending on their reception.
Old 2009.11.12, 08:10 PM   #1348
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Seeing movies costs soooo much money, and after being super disappointed by the weird borefest that is The Box, I probably won't be making another trip anytime soon.
Old 2009.11.13, 12:04 AM   #1349
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by bromithia View Post
Seeing movies costs soooo much money, and after being super disappointed by the weird borefest that is The Box, I probably won't be making another trip anytime soon.
you didn't like The Box? I quite enjoyed it. Very Hitchcock. the entire movie was set to keep you feeling slightly tense but not quite disturbed. the lack of explanation and general convoluted intricacies was very Kelly. The movie requires a bit of thought and research to piece together. I enjoyed the atmosphere, and it was funny to see them run around places I've photographed/hung out (Boston Public Library, most notably, the study room with the green lights and the pink marble hall where the 3 water coffin scene was shot).

I watched Fourth Kind and The Box one after the other in the same day (that is how I justify spending 10 bucks on a ticket, I do two in a row) and it was kind of hilarious when The Box went all alien.
Old 2009.11.13, 05:08 AM   #1350
Inaudible-Whisper

Do cinemas in America not have subscription services? I pay £13.50 a month and I can watch as many movies as I want as often as I want. Considering that is pretty much the price of two tickets, it would be silly of me to not buy it (considering I go to the cinema at least twice a month anyway, and with this I'm certainly inclined to go a lot more).