Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.08.02, 10:03 PM   #131
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer
Default moved from "Killer Tune thread"

According to CDJapan, there's a first-press release of Killer Tune too.
Makes sense, considering first-press availability was declared for Variety from the very start, and OSCA had it too.

Originally this was scheduled for release on the same date (2007.08.22), so it was in my same shipment, but now that it's been pushed back, I moved it into my separate Variety order so it doesn't hold up Killer Tune for me. Good thing I was checking my order status (which was also where I noticed *First Press added next to Killer Tune), otherwise I probably wouldn't have known. All I wanted to know was what they were already holding for me.
Old 2007.08.02, 10:18 PM   #132
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

Bad news if anyone cares about CD rankings.
Variety was almost guarenteed to debut at #1 on the Oricon charts (which also equals a lot of publicity with the title), but Avex trax announced that Otsuka Ai's new CD "LOVE PEiCE" will be released on the same day. So Variety will debut at #2 unless any other huge artist chooses to release a CD on that day.
Op2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.02, 10:20 PM   #133
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Words of Wisdom, by Kasanagi.

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
If Uki "50-yen" gumo raps again, I'm jumping to the Hirrrrma camp.
Jihad, "concentrate on her singing" was worded by me. I translated it off the Chinese translation on the TOSHIBA EMI site (they translated the OSCA interview) and it explicitly said that fans wrote in to say that they did not like songs written by SR (possibly in the TJ context), and that SR was quite miffed at that fact.

Well, I guess the Japanese > Chinese translation is inaccurate then.
Old 2007.08.03, 04:43 AM   #134
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Killer tune was not exactly what I was expecting but it was a nice surprise. I don't like it as much as I like OSCA but I think its a good song, and it's nice to have a happy song that isn't cheesy (those are hard to find). The video was pretty interesting as well, I love seeing them play.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Y'know, if you're idol, someone you really were keen on, who had a history of coming for the win, suddenly keeps underwhelming/under performing -- you wouldn't be so cheery.
I don't understand how you can keep saying she/they is/are under-performing @_@. If you don't think she fits this new style of music or don't like the direction thats all cool but they are definitely NOT under-performing. I'm sure if Hirama was in the band instead of Uki you still would not like the new direction since I doubt Ringo would sing any differently or izawa would write different songs just because of him. Their music sounds very good and it sounds like alot of work was put into it. You don't have to like it but you shouldn't say they are under-performing since they are obviously not.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.03, 06:42 AM   #135
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
it explicitly said that fans wrote in to say that they did not like songs written by SR (possibly in the TJ context)
What kinda dumb-assed fans wrote that? >=| I'm all for having everyone write songs, but saying "oh Shiina shoudln't write any" is ridiculous. And Shiina following through with it is even more . I liked George and Ringo writing Beatles songs, but thats no reason for John and/or Paul to sit a record out.

And to the inevitable Hedo post: They are under performing. The song doesn't sound goodat all. The chorus is a mess from top to bottom. Even ignoring Shiina's singing, look at what instruments are playing lead there.

They all are. No one is sitting playing support, everyone's doo-dadding about. For a song to sound"not confusing/annoying" at any point you need someone of the strings section (guitar or piano) and more importantly either the drums or bass to be sticking to the spine of the song so that you're not losing you're harmony. Its like a good soup, you need the stock to hold all that stuff together and unify the flavors. Far too often TJ tends to "show off" all at the same time, and thats neverin the best interest of the song, even moreso for KT when Shiina's not particularly there to keep your mind off it in a good way.

To imkookoo who said "oh thats what makes them artist and not performers." Ya see, the thing about artists is that they very rarely keep it real, and thus tend to be full of shit. When you make something, and its selling gangbusters (if not relatively) whose to say you cant do whatever the hell you want and not expect it to sell. I think that's part of the trap Shiina is in.

(and yes yes, you dont to cater to the masses either. It's a tough balancing act I know, between what the artist wants and what the masses want. Its about finding the chords that run through the artist and them that brought the two together in the first place. To me right now seems very "screw the fans.")
Old 2007.08.03, 09:08 AM   #136
Op2
Banned

Ya see, the thing about artists is that they very rarely keep it real, and thus tend to be full of shit. When you make something, and its selling gangbusters (if not relatively) whose to say you cant do whatever the hell you want and not expect it to sell. I think that's part of the trap Shiina is in.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Seriously, the utter stupidity of what you just said made me laugh out loud. Want to support your claims for once instead of just uttering garbage? Let's see some actual quotations from Shiina, sales and the band / news articles in general that backs up what you said.
Old 2007.08.03, 11:57 AM   #137
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Oh hey juyz Op2 is posting! Lets see what he has to say this time : D

Let us note I am speaking in general terms before we open our fucking faces next time kay ~_^

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.08.03 at 12:12 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.03, 12:39 PM   #138
Op2
Banned

Oh hey juyz Op2 is posting! Lets see what he has to say this time : D

Let us note I am speaking in general terms before we open our fucking faces next time kay ~_^
Why do you get defensive when I ask from what proof you draw your criticisms for? That was entirely unnecessary.

How does speaking in general terms relate to any sort of defense? Where did you draw those general terms from? Nowhere? Exactly.

All in all, you have a very biased, false opinion and unlike some of the other posters that are against Shiina's new releases, you post nothing but useless crap that may be an interesting perspective the first time you posted it, but posting the same untrue argument time and time again is utter stupidity.

Out of every single person in this community, I have never read any of your posts and been like "Wow, I have never known that before." Your posts are the exact same; they contribute very little.
Old 2007.08.03, 12:53 PM   #139
Tokyo Jihad

You want "quotes" from Shiina/label/whatever regarding my "artists are full of shit" statement. ...??? A quote from Shiina saying that she's full of shit? If Shiinaa actually said that, i'd rep her through the roof

Artists can't be full of shit? Is that what you're saying? Untr00 argument!

And you're a great person to talk about post quality Op. Being a whiny cry baby about people that disagree with you til you get frustrated and throw a tantrum (*cough*ban people*cough*) is a model everyone should follow. I speak my opinions and I work very hard to justify them, unlike you who just spout exactly "the same shit" every time as a sort of hapless rebuttal.

Go back to your blog where there's no differing opinions for you to grow red cheeked about.

EDIT: As i'vesaid before Op, you're more than welcome to start shit with me off site, rather than being the drama queen you are and try to put on a show, derailing threads.

EDIT: *sighh* in other news, Izawa's piano is really good in the song.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.08.03 at 01:20 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.03, 03:51 PM   #140
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

What kinda dumb-assed fans wrote that? >=| I'm all for having everyone write songs, but saying "oh Shiina shoudln't write any" is ridiculous. And Shiina following through with it is even more . I liked George and Ringo writing Beatles songs, but thats no reason for John and/or Paul to sit a record out.

And to the inevitable Hedo post: They are under performing. The song doesn't sound goodat all. The chorus is a mess from top to bottom. Even ignoring Shiina's singing, look at what instruments are playing lead there.

They all are. No one is sitting playing support, everyone's doo-dadding about. For a song to sound"not confusing/annoying" at any point you need someone of the strings section (guitar or piano) and more importantly either the drums or bass to be sticking to the spine of the song so that you're not losing you're harmony. Its like a good soup, you need the stock to hold all that stuff together and unify the flavors. Far too often TJ tends to "show off" all at the same time, and thats neverin the best interest of the song, even moreso for KT when Shiina's not particularly there to keep your mind off it in a good way.

To imkookoo who said "oh thats what makes them artist and not performers." Ya see, the thing about artists is that they very rarely keep it real, and thus tend to be full of shit. When you make something, and its selling gangbusters (if not relatively) whose to say you cant do whatever the hell you want and not expect it to sell. I think that's part of the trap Shiina is in.

(and yes yes, you dont to cater to the masses either. It's a tough balancing act I know, between what the artist wants and what the masses want. Its about finding the chords that run through the artist and them that brought the two together in the first place. To me right now seems very "screw the fans.")
You're damn right that my post is inevitable, I'm not going to just watch you trash my fav band and not get my two-cents in.

I agree with Op in that you are very biased about what you think about the song. You're right in that it seems they are trying to show off, but how is it under-performing if they are "showing off"? Isn't showing off supposed to be "over-performing"? If anything, you should criticize whoever wrote the song, but they are definitely not under-performing. But you don't like it and I do so we are not going anywhere arguing about that.

But what I do have a problem with is when you said that Ringo has the "screw the fans" attitude now. Those "stupid" fans that said that they liked the songs not written by her the most are the ones that she says is the reason that she did not write any songs for the new album, so how is she screwing the fans if she is doing what they told her? I agree with you that she is kind of stuck in the balancing of the music because I also do not think that its cool for her to not write a single song, I expected the songwriting to be more spread out as well. To take it one step further, I think she is just using the fact that fans will by her stuff anyway to experiment even more and test out her band members. Or just to take a break and cast regen on herself for her next solo album .

EDIT: *sighh* in other news, Izawa's piano is really good in the song.
Why do you have to sigh because a band member from a band you liked played well?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote