Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.11.27, 01:57 PM   #1411
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I had a very camp week of watching TV this week, catching up to Ugly Betty and Glee.

I don't *really* want to admit it, but I'm a fan of UB. Don't really like the drama, but it isn't offensive/intrusive like it was in Season 2. I especially find Amanda funny (Plus she's hawt) I hope this isn't the final season.

I'm getting bored with Glee again, prob because I was watching it alongside Ugly Betty, which I feel has better writing.

Now that I'm caught up, I'll be man-ing up by continuing THE SHIELD! I was also supposed to catch up to Lost, but...
Old 2009.11.27, 02:53 PM   #1412
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The Shield is a pretty fucken manly show. I need to catch up on that, because I haven't seen any of the seasons beyond the first (a friend of mine had it on DVD). I need to catch up on LOST too, but I'm not so many season(s) behind on that.

Eventually I need to watch the Sopranos, but I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth downloading in 720p (versus 480). Somebody help me here.
Old 2009.11.27, 03:44 PM   #1413
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

If you're not too bothered about watching every TV show in HD, which I'm guessing you're not if you're even asking the question, I think you'll be OK with 480 for the Soprano's. I watched it all recently in standard def, there isn't really anything in it that shouts "Holy shit, imagine this in HD!".
Old 2009.11.27, 04:09 PM   #1414
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ The Bada Bing!
Old 2009.11.28, 01:12 AM   #1415
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

The Sopranos is my favourite TV show behind The Wire.
Old 2009.11.29, 02:38 PM   #1416
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Top Gear.
Old 2009.11.30, 10:24 AM   #1417
Scribble R

Not *currently* watching it, but I can't wait to go see The Princess and the Frog next week. The critics say that it's a return to form for old Disney, and that makes me very excited. Emperor's New Groove and Lilo and Stitch have been the only good Disney 2D films since The Lion King.

Oh, even if it's not entirely 2D, Enchanted was also good (Surprisingly!)
Old 2009.11.30, 01:27 PM   #1418
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Just booked for Avatar. The booking page for the IMAX only opened yesterday as it's a new IMAX opening on Avatar's release day. Despite that, virtually all of the good seats have been taken up on the premier day and the opening weekend. Luckily we're going on Thursday and we just managed to get the right amount of seats. Almost in the very centre too So book early if you have any intention of seeing Avatar early, though I don't suppose it will be half as bad in a normal cinema with more screens, more variety and less time between showings.
Old 2009.11.30, 01:57 PM   #1419
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Just booked for Avatar. The booking page for the IMAX only opened yesterday as it's a new IMAX opening on Avatar's release day. Despite that, virtually all of the good seats have been taken up on the premier day and the opening weekend. Luckily we're going on Thursday and we just managed to get the right amount of seats. Almost in the very centre too So book early if you have any intention of seeing Avatar early, though I don't suppose it will be half as bad in a normal cinema with more screens, more variety and less time between showings.
see, this is where I get a bit hazy. Was Avatar filmed in IMAX and is the IMAX version including 3D? If it isn't filmed in IMAX watching it on IMAX doesn't make too much of a difference really, but the 3D is what you want to watch since that is how he meant it to be.

edit: okay, they are doing both, but it seems like there is an official IMAX 3D experience, which leads me to believe it was filmed partially in IMAX. I'll have to make sure I do that then!

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.11.30 at 02:11 PM.
Old 2009.11.30, 02:08 PM   #1420
Inaudible-Whisper

It was filmed with completely new cameras created by Cameron for this movie (and any future movie that wants to use the technology, I imagine) and he recommends IMAX for viewing. It does use IMAX 3D. I haven't been to an IMAX before, all I know is that they're bigger with better sound and I think I read that the 3D is better too (don't quote me on that though). No doubt the digital projector will be better than the old pap used in my other local cinema. I'm pretty sure any movie playing on IMAX will benefit from it, else it wouldn't be chosen to be displayed on IMAX.