Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.03.19, 01:23 AM   #151
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Is the big screen black & white? it seems that way from what I seen, you could barely see her from the cheap seats.
It started off black and white then eventually changed to colour. I can't remember at what point though.
Mr Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.19, 01:41 PM   #152
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Ok, I've finally watched Ringo EXPo today.
It was a Ringo afternoon. Ringo EXPo -> GX (first time I saw it, loved it to death) -> RIngo EXPo again.
And I'm gonna watch EXPo again tomorrow, now with a different set of speakers.
Since much as been told about it, I'm just going to do a simple track-by-track evaluation.

1 - Hatsukoi Shoujo (6 out of 5)
2 - シドと白昼夢 (5/5)
3 - Koko de Kiss Shite. (4/5)
4 - Honnou (4/5)
5 - Gamble (5/5)
6 - Shuukyou [Instrumental] (6/5)
7 - Gips (5/5)
8 - Yami ni Furu Ame (5/5)
9 - Suberidai (5/5)
10 - Yokushitsu (5/5)
11 - Sakuran (4/5)
12 - Tsumi to Batsu (5/5)
13 - Kabuki-cho no Joou (4/5)
14 - Blackout (5/5)
15 - Sonata MC & Yattsuke Shigoto [Instrumental] (4/5)
16 - Stem (5/5)
17 - Kono Yo no Kagiri (4/5)
18 - Tamanegi no Happy Song (4/5)
19 - Yume no Ato (5/5)
20 - Tsumiki Asobi (5/5)
21 - Omatsuri Sawagi (5/5)
22 - Karisome Otome (6/5)
24 - Tadashii Machi (4/5)
25 - Koufukuron (5/5)
27 - Mikan no Kawa (6/5) This is so cute.
28 - Yokyou (5/5)

This thing is great, really. It's a bit long to watch in one go, but it's like Inland Empire, 3 long hours of awesomeness (in EXPo's case, 2hours).

Watching GX after, for the first time in my life, was a bit weird tho. It's inverting the process. I think I like GX better than Zazen, btw. In part due to the cool back-stage stuff.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.19, 02:00 PM   #153
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I've only seen straight up to Omatsuri Sawagi and other bits and pieces out of context but yeah, it all seems pretty enjoyable, better than I was expecting.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.19, 03:05 PM   #154
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Quack.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.03.19 at 03:57 PM.
Old 2009.03.19, 03:11 PM   #155
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Woof!

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.03.19 at 03:59 PM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.19, 03:32 PM   #156
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I believe that blog is owned by "Brad", and I believe he's been excommunicated by the rest of the organized English-speaking fanbase of Shiina Ringo (we probably shouldn't even be linking to him - because it will raise his Site Rank with Google - and also raises the amount of attention he gets). I had no involvement in that, as it was consensus among 3 out of every 5 prominent Ringo Jihen members - who got cheated out of their money (I wasn't one of the buyers/victims). The idea was he'd act like a deputy service on behalf of any international fans who wanted tour goods, right as Phase 2 was touring for the first time.

Brad was trusted with somewhat more total money from group-buyers than Ringo~Bingo alone has trusted me with throughout the last 6 months, and Brad did almost exactly what View Askew wants me to be guilty of. Some people got what they paid for, but most of the group buyers didn't end up with anything, and Brad has blown them off and since then pretended that it never happened. For awhile, he was disabling commenting at his blog because of it, because more people would rather flame him at the time, than flame Phase 2.

He fucked up bigtime, and if you don't want to reopen old wounds, I suggest you avoid linking to him or talking about his web content. It's not a threat on my part, but more of a recommendation.
Old 2009.03.19, 03:57 PM   #157
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

I'm sorry, but I was not aware of 100% of the information your post contains. I'll delete the thing.
Old 2009.03.19, 10:27 PM   #158
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Yeah I'm still annoyed about that. I thought for so long he'd try and make things right, and he never did. What a jerk :/
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.19, 10:55 PM   #159
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

By the way, did we get a Bizzaro version of the HF DVD here? I've seen bashing about the first-press packaging of Ringo EXPO 08, a lot more than bashing about blended boundaries between songs, audio that can't play in your DVD player, crappy visuals, or "nothing I haven't heard before".

What we got here was something with much more replay value than most/all of the DVDs we've had in the last 3 years. It's nice to see more consensus at EMF for once.
Old 2009.03.20, 12:07 AM   #160
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Probably because HFD wasn't a "primary" release of the album, so I'm sure not that many people bought it anyway, mostly collectors. It's the same as MoRA DVD's except for the cross-fading. Here, everyone got excited for the first press only to find out they didn't need to get that stressed to get it XD
But I agree, great concert. I don't understand why the DVD got such a lukewarm response here at first, Ringo was more "cool" than "distant", and she showed her enjoyment especially towards the end. She didn't have to be visibly ecstatic to enjoy herself.
I LOVED the orchestra there, it added a new dimension to the songs, of course especially to those that haven't had it before
However the screen looked really tiny considering the venue was pretty huge, and that for the most part she was at the back part of the stage. Watching it I had the impression nobody could see much, but I guess it's just how it looks, it would be illogical to stage a concert like that.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote