Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.05.27, 12:24 AM   #161
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

The rips are 05:41 & 04:20
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 12:34 AM   #162
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

interesting. I don't trust the track listing because usually there is a second or two either side of the track listing. some of my KZK tracks are one second longer than what they are officially listed as being and it was ripped from CD.

the itunes lengths of KZK are crazy. Ishiki is listed as 3:30 and okonomide as 6:08, both of which are upwards of 15 seconds longer than what the official listing has and what I have on my copy...that is a long discrepency....
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 12:41 AM   #163
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

The rips I have are 5:41 and 4:21.

There's sooo many sounds happening at once in this song! I don't really like the chorus, but I like the instrumental bridge. Overall, just a bit too messy I think.

I like the sound though... which is a good sign for the alum.
Old 2009.05.27, 12:44 AM   #164
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Only track lengths I'll trust are from the real CD when it turns up.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 12:47 AM   #165
kuro_neko

yeah...I agree, that is why I discredit the iTunes length and mp3 lengths, but my own personal copy of KZK doesn't have a symmetrical run time
Old 2009.05.27, 12:50 AM   #166
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Woah... the filesize of the 320kpbs version of the single I'm downloading is 21.12MB. She's even making her filesizes symmetrical XD
Is that symmetrical or... palindromical? (not a word XD)

Okay, so the SG lyrics made it to reputable Japanese lyric sites, and I set out to make romaji and ended up finishing a translation too. It turns out the lyrics were fairly simple again, like on Ariamaru Tomi too, which is why. Although I might still tweak it later.

>> SG translation <<

The lyrics definitely continued the themes of money/greed that were also in Ariamaru Tomi.

It's interesting--she did say "sekkusu" (sex), but it was as ruby text for the the kanji for sex meaning gender, not sexual activity. However "sekkusu" is used in Japanese only to mean sexual activity. But that also means it's like in English, when we use that same word to refer to one meaning or the other depending on context. Kinda cool how she managed to incorporate both meanings.

I also liked how she used the Japanese proverb that's the equivalent of "Truth is stranger than fiction." I was starting to translate that one literally and it was like waaiiiitt... that sounds familiar!

If anyone has any questions about my translation (like why did I translate this that way, etc) or the lyrics in general, or has a different interpretation of a line, I'm open to it!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 12:52 AM   #167
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Thanks for the translation as always!
Old 2009.05.27, 01:26 AM   #168
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Ringo message about Ariamaru Tomi (single) at Oricon

First of all, what's up with the hat.
Second of all, I wonder when they update the daily rankings now. It used to be right on time (wednesday).
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 01:30 AM   #169
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Hahaha, that hat is so weird. I love it.
Old 2009.05.27, 01:35 AM   #170
kuro_neko

ROFL. Everything matches this time around, even the interviews. Her shirt was kind of plain and loose and the hair looked kind of thrown on, and then there was the orange wall behind her...I wonder if perhaps they shot this during the album artwork shoot. I can just imagine Ringo being like GUYS GUYS LETS SAVE MONEY AND SHOOT THE SINGLE, ALBUM, AND INTERVIEWS ALL ON THE SAME DAYYYYY

her hair looks the same as it does on the single, well, what little of it you can see beneath the hat, so I'm guessing that is her natural hair. she is so used to wigs she was probably like QUICK, COVER IT UPPPP and stole the assistants hat, XD.