Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.05.27, 01:37 AM   #171
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Ringo message about Ariamaru Tomi (single) at Oricon

First of all, what's up with the hat.
Second of all, I wonder when they update the daily rankings now. It used to be right on time (wednesday).
Oooh, can someone translate this?

lol @ the hat.

I listened to it again this morning. I think it's kind of cool how we, for the most part, don't know what to make of this song. I can see where Ringo Bingo/Tokyo Jihad is coming from when they say Ariamaru Tomi is better -- I think I don't ever see me 'singing along' (trying to) with SG. It's just ...interesting.

And it occurred to me that Superficial Gossip DOES kind of sound like not a proper song, but an introduction to something else. It sounds urgent, and not trying to be catchy/'proper'. As in, it does kind of sound like a preview, a Ringo Catalogue-type track.

Well, regardless of whether I like it or not, this song at LEAST tells us that 'that' Ringo is back for Sanmon Gossip. I love the end of the song where it appears to fade out then she turns it back up.

Also, I was kind of thinking the other day that this album could be a more playful/snazzier/upbeat version of KZK.

And why does this track have such an odd title. I mean SG ~Superficial Gossip ~? Is this to do with the fact that it's a preview to the album? (And why it isn't included on the album)
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 01:43 AM   #172
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
ROFL. Everything matches this time around, even the interviews. Her shirt was kind of plain and loose and the hair looked kind of thrown on, and then there was the orange wall behind her...I wonder if perhaps they shot this during the album artwork shoot. I can just imagine Ringo being like GUYS GUYS LETS SAVE MONEY AND SHOOT THE SINGLE, ALBUM, AND INTERVIEWS ALL ON THE SAME DAYYYYY

her hair looks the same as it does on the single, well, what little of it you can see beneath the hat, so I'm guessing that is her natural hair. she is so used to wigs she was probably like QUICK, COVER IT UPPPP and stole the assistants hat, XD.
Naaaah, she's trying to build some kind of hobo persona, to match the anti-luxury message of the song. Clearly.

But seriously, when I saw the video I thought she was going for some kind of "I'm nuts different" kind of attitude. Unless that type of hat is like the latest trend in Japan.

EDIT: Oh, they also put the interview up at the promotional site for Ariamaru Tomi. I guess this actually gives credit to kuro_neko's theory, because it's a interview conducted by her staff and not by Oricon (supposedly).
They also put a text interview up =)

About Oricon, someone at 2ch reported the daily single charts for today (probably has paid membership to the Oricon Site):

*1 230,022 嵐 (Arashi)
*2 *17,176 GReeeeN
*3 *14,456 椎名林檎

*4 ZARD
*5 いきものがかり (Ikimonogakari)
*6 SPEED
*7 GLAY
*8 福山雅治 (Masaharu Fukuyama)
*9 新垣結衣 (Yui Aragaki)
10 ガーディアンズ4 (Guardians 4)

3rd place? That's better than what NINKI predicted. But only 14,456 sales... seems very low. I'm used to bigger numbers from other artists x)

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2009.05.27 at 01:55 AM.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 01:48 AM   #173
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

If it isn't it should be.
Old 2009.05.27, 02:20 AM   #174
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Well, CD sales have had a significant drop over the last few years... I guess most people will just buy a digital download. That is if these charts are only of the physical sales. 3rd place is great though!
And how Pancio said it reminds him of Moloko, interesting. I can't say I disagree
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 02:34 AM   #175
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by merman View Post
Well, CD sales have had a significant drop over the last few years...
Not Arashii's 230,022 That's about 16 to 1.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 02:36 AM   #176
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

wow, 3rd is an awesome place to debut considering the single is kind of out of left field being for the drama and all. It is kind of sad that everyone is only around a few thousand and Arashi is way up in the hundred thousands, lol. I expect the actual album to debut at number one.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 02:41 AM   #177
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by merman View Post
Well, CD sales have had a significant drop over the last few years... I guess most people will just buy a digital download. That is if these charts are only of the physical sales. 3rd place is great though!
Yeah, it's only physical sales. And you're right about the price drop, I guess I was looking at it with my mind set to another year. JE stuff is the only thing that survives the physical sales drop, because all the fangirls want the photos inside (because they can't get them otherwise) lol.

EDIT: But anyway, a #3 spot for physical and #2 spot for digital (as kuro_neko said) sounds good. It's only first day though.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 02:44 AM   #178
elekipomme

elekipomme is headed in the right direction

I'm a little shocked though.
Ringo makes a comeback and GReeeeN has higher sales?! (Not that I don't like them; they just sound the same after a while).

But I admit to buying Arashi's new single.

Hopefully the album will skyrocket.
elekipomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 04:43 AM   #179
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

These sales are really typical. Arashi always gets such big numbers, mainly because they put out 3 different covers of their releases each time. (And because Johnny's owns the universe.) I was a semi-avid fan of theirs for a short time during their release of "Time", but now I can't be bothered to follow their constant stream of releases, so I've gotten back into the "I don't really get it" mentality. x.x

It's still better than the sorry state of Korea's music industry where the most popular artists are lucky to get over 5000 copies of their releases. (But then taking the difference in population into consideration DBSK's selling 300,000 albums is still pretty impressive. Boy bands are just a hot commodity now, apparently.)

But I don't really understand how ZARD has a new single...

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.27, 04:48 AM   #180
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by mizer_unmei View Post

But I don't really understand how ZARD has a new single...
The vocal of ZARD died on 27/5.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote