Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.07.01, 02:25 PM   #171
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Album 4 also applies to Tokyo Jihen's Album 4.

Can we assume that the jazz is over now? Will Shiina hand over all writing responsibilities again? Will Ukizawa die? Or will the band actually collaborate to create something awesome? Stay chooned for 2010.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.01, 02:27 PM   #172
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

hmmm, well, after SG I think Ringo is spent. Between the tracks on SG and the ones she has given out to other artists, Ringo has probably gone through a large chunk of worthwhile material, and with the band being ready to go full time into production, I don't think Ringo will have a lot of time to write new music.

that being said, I think the next album will be similar to Variety in that it will be spear-headed by Uki and Izawa and hopefully they will have tried playing with new sounds and a new direction and we won't run into Variety 2. But as of right now I don't think it is looking too hot.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.01, 02:38 PM   #173
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

it will suck worse than Variety unless they decide to drop the "sound like a band" concept
Old 2009.07.01, 02:46 PM   #174
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

^ what do you mean? isn't that the point?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.01, 02:47 PM   #175
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I have a feeling that at best, it'll be just as 'good' as Sanmon Gossip. Ideally, I'd like all the songs to be Shiina-Ukigumo collaborations (If she's not exhausted by SG). Izawa just doesn't cut it IMO and should be restricted to two songs, even if one of his songs is my favourite VARIETY era song.

Bah, what am I talking about. This album will be VARIETY 2.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.01, 02:51 PM   #176
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
^ what do you mean? isn't that the point?
No. the point is to make compelling (if not catchy) music. Sometimes a song calls for more than a singer, drums, bass, and keyboard.
Old 2009.07.01, 03:03 PM   #177
HEDOfloe

oh, i see what you mean now. still, they're better off becoming a tighter band than adding bells and whistles to cover up sub-par songs. and, as i had said before, i really liked the variety songs live and maybe it's because they were just a band for that. i always love their rearrangements because they play them as a band and don't rely on playing things over the speakers.
Old 2009.07.01, 03:16 PM   #178
Tokyo Jihad

umm...its not their performances that will help sub-par songs. Its writing.

Jeez Hedo, and I thought you had grown up =(
Old 2009.07.01, 03:23 PM   #179
HEDOfloe

but that's exactly what i'm saying!
i said:

"they're better off becoming a tighter band than adding bells and whistles to cover up sub-par songs."

i think "tighter band" implies that they'll write better songs as opposed to tinkering with other effects and sounds that make it sound nicer. i know undoubtedly that there will be more uki and izawa compositions in the new album, and as neko said, ringo probably spent a lot of releasable material already. therefore, as i had said wayyy back when variety was announced with the song credits, that i wished it were more balanced than that and that's all i'm really hoping for. i feel that if they become a better band together, they should write better songs. they can bounce ideas off each other, be more critical of each other, etc. as Uki said in the interview, he felt they were a little tight during the ADULT sessions and they finally loosened up for variety. now that they feel better together and they had their fling, i think they can do better work. i just don't like the idea of their having done a lot already without ringo =/.
Old 2009.07.01, 03:25 PM   #180
Tokyo Jihad

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
i feel that if they become a better band together, they should write better songs.
Your logic is stupid.

"Gus, you're a great construction worker. Design a building for me!"