Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.09.16, 04:08 AM   #11
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Crazy...
Old 2008.09.16, 05:02 AM   #12
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

It's not that crazy Shinji! I'll feel like a platinum champion if I'm lucky enough to pre-order this lot!! I'm after the Vinyls mostly but I'm also a sucker for box sets (even if I already own the contents) I was aiming to buy Salyu or Angela Aki's discography next but they take the back seat to this lot! I'm Shiina loyal to the point of buying any crap with her name on the box
Old 2008.09.16, 05:29 AM   #13
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

thank you kuro_neko.

no thank you shena_ringo.

Last edited by pariscombo : 2008.09.16 at 05:41 AM.
Old 2008.09.16, 05:38 AM   #14
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

Wow. She is approaching David Bowieesque levels of repackaging and reselling her back catalogue. Given my currently crude methods of mechanical (audio) reproduction, I think these would be redundant for me to purchase. (My brother, however, will probably be very happy about the vinyl....)
Old 2008.09.16, 05:42 AM   #15
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

isn't this thread's place the 'News' forums?

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Old 2008.09.16, 05:49 AM   #16
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
There doesn't seem to buy any point in buying the CD box if you are also buying the DVD box, because the DVD box isn't merely a "collection of DVDs", it's the same collection of CDs as the CD box, but basically with a DVD thrown in. There's no need to buy both boxes.
not true.

the cd is a set of 3 packaged cds that are remastered and generally better quality than the previous releases

the dvd box set isn't a "dvd thrown in." It is her first 3 solo albums, the Koufukuron single, MWJ, STEM, Ringo no Uta, and Watashi no Houden presented on DVD in high quality 96kHz/24bit audio. Ala Heisei Fuzuku DVD versus cd HF.

so as you can see they are two completely different packages. If you buy the DVD-box you aren't getting cds you can play in a cd player, all 4 albums and singles are DVDs, with the CD-box, you are getting repackaged and remastered cds, not DVDs.

pros and cons to both.

tax is included if your purchasing in Japan so the actual price for international buyers will be slightly less but you have to factor in shipping so you might as well just assume the prices quoted from Ringohan are going to be about right.

and to Lena, I would post in the proper section if the forum would actually let me and not tell me I'm not authorized to do so ;;yucky face;;

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2008.09.16 at 05:53 AM.
Old 2008.09.16, 05:57 AM   #17
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
and to Lena, I would post in the proper section if the forum would actually let me and not tell me I'm not authorized to do so ;;yucky face;;
Sorted. Thanks for the news kuro! I don't know what to think about it. I'm sure it'll be a great set, but I don't know how necessary it is. What mainly worries me is that I'll be able to afford it then
Old 2008.09.16, 06:02 AM   #18
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Awesome. Bluray lives next, Ringohime.
Old 2008.09.16, 06:04 AM   #19
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Ugh... I have no money! None!!

I don't really see the need for me to buy either box set... but I'll definetly be grabbing the vinyls! I want KZK re-issue!

Edit: I might consider the DVD box, considering they are "different" to what I already have... sorta. I don't see the point of owning both. It shall come down to the artwork of the box! Hopefully it's freaking ugly so I don't buy it!

Last edited by Jesse : 2008.09.16 at 06:08 AM.
Old 2008.09.16, 06:08 AM   #20
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

the Vinyl's will be amazing for the packaging...the cover of SS on vinyl is going to be beautiful....as for the box set, the packaging sounds worth it...a 100 page booklet and new packaging for the cds sounds nice...and MM could really use the remastering on some tracks....
Closed Thread