Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2007.09.13, 08:25 PM   #11
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Very interesting news, but let's keep expectations realistic.

If they don't include duplicate video imagery (along with average quality audio), then 'featuring' 96kHz/24bit, means the picture quality will be terrible just like Kono Yo no Kagiri on the Heisei Fuuzoku Daiginjou DVD. I can only hope they don't do more crossfading (bait & switch to get purists to fork over extra money toward e-Onkyo). Speaking of e-Onkyo, I'll be keeping my eye on them to see if they unveil any related content.

As for "first-press featuring different versions of the PVs", do they mean you get more choices within first-press alone, or do they mean that first-press and second-press will have different versions than each other? Either way, count me out of the Traffic Cone Giraffes motion graphics bandwagon. 96kHz/24bit you can rip without an Audigy soundcard and a hacked copy of WinDVD, is a godsend, with or without motion graphics.
Old 2007.09.14, 01:37 AM   #12
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Audiophile release again?
For the Jihens, there seem to be an inverse relationship between quality of music and quality of sound.
Old 2007.09.14, 05:19 AM   #13
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

i know there had to be other b-day releases than that...
Old 2007.09.14, 07:01 AM   #14
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
For the Jihens, there seem to be an inverse relationship between quality of music and quality of sound.
Like good ol' Dr. Cox says: wrong, wrong, wrong wrooong... wrong, wrong, wrong wrong.
Old 2007.09.14, 09:17 AM   #15
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Senkou wasn't the name of her 1st tour?! (that with her wearing sadistic princess costume)
but I don't know if were the same kanji o.o

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Old 2007.09.14, 09:52 AM   #16
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
Senkou wasn't the name of her 1st tour?! (that with her wearing sadistic princess costume)
but I don't know if were the same kanji o.o
Same pronunciation, but different Kanjis.

閃光 and 先攻.

Originally Posted by op2 View Post
New Tokyo Jihen DVD out 2007/11/21. PV compilation DVD, featuring an exclusive song. Here is stuff translated fron Neowing:

-Senkou Shoujo is a song on the DVD (like Ichijiku no Hana or Kuramaya-san that only features on a DVD).
-It's a Kameda composed song.
-Has a PV with motion graphics in it.
-Features the OSCA + Killer Tune PVs. Same guy directed it too.
-First press features different versions of the PVs.

So there will probably be 2 different versions of each PV. Looks like this contains 3 tracks, but there might be more. More information to follow. All are encoded with 96k/24bit quality sound.

( http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=TOBF-5540 )

I'd put this into translator program and if my program translated it correctly there's no comment about ' OSCA + Killer Tune Pvs being included', just comment about ' the director who made OSCA and Killer Tune will direct it.' HMV(http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2621439) also didn't make words about 'OSCA and Killer Tune PVs'. And Tower record(http://www.towerrecords.co.jp/sitema...DS_SORT_CD=101) announced LP version with the tentative title ' Senkou Shoujo + Single 2 Title (Analog) '. Considering all this information, I think it's kind of DVD-type single, 3 new songs, all songs with motion graphics. Of course it's just my theory and it will be cleared after more details are up.

Last edited by pariscombo : 2007.09.14 at 10:38 AM.
Old 2007.09.14, 06:00 PM   #17
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

Oh, it's not yet up to order, but there will be an vinyl release of this DVD as well. TOJT-26351.

The DVD will contain alternate takes of OSCA and/or Killer Tune; I am unsure if it is just the first pressing that features this. HMV says "Senkou Shoujo + The Two Singles (tentative) (Analogue limited edition)"

Last edited by Op2 : 2007.09.14 at 06:08 PM.
Old 2007.09.14, 06:41 PM   #18
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

A DVD and a vinyl?

I'm not sure I like the idea of a vinyl having alternate versions (we kinda got jipped with having only the 'impure' version of Himitsu on Adult Video Soundtrack). Not unless they're including the normal versions on one side, and the alternate versions on the other side (quite literally "B-Sides").

I'll be keeping my eye on e-Onkyo for sure.
Old 2007.09.14, 09:29 PM   #19
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
A DVD and a vinyl?

I'm not sure I like the idea of a vinyl having alternate versions (we kinda got jipped with having only the 'impure' version of Himitsu on Adult Video Soundtrack). Not unless they're including the normal versions on one side, and the alternate versions on the other side (quite literally "B-Sides").

I'll be keeping my eye on e-Onkyo for sure.
okay well according to the official fan mail, it is the pvs for those three songs in really high format and the pvs on the DVD are going to be alternate versions (so you can bet alternate footage of band members), but as far as we know at the moment, the music should still be the same.

also, hiterto unannounced, it says that in addition to the pvs for the two singles and the new Kameda track, there will be ADDITIONAL BONUS TRACK(s). They didn't specify what that is but if they are touting the new b-side for the dvd you can bet it won't be another b-side, maybe rearranged track or two from the album/single?

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2007.09.14 at 09:43 PM.
Old 2007.09.17, 11:09 AM   #20
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

This DVD might just be, like pariscombo said, Tokyo Jihen's sixth single.
CDJapan says it is a "DVD single" featuring 3 brand new songs. ( http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=TOBF-5540 ) So, maybe, Tokyo Jihen's 4th album is already in production?

I still think OSCA and Killer Tune have to be on it, and therefore it is a video compilation, not a single, but we shall see.

Last edited by Op2 : 2007.09.17 at 11:14 AM.
Closed Thread