Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.02.17, 04:19 PM   #11
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Nope, she can't make something anyone will like anymore.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.17, 04:46 PM   #12
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Best case: Ukigumo gone for any reason and replaced with Yukio Nagoshi.

No more faux jazz.
Old 2009.02.17, 08:59 PM   #13
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I wanna see/hear them do electro pop, like, I dunno, the sorta thing she was going for when she did Hatsukoi shoujo and Oiran
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.18, 12:20 AM   #14
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

an RnB/dance concept that really just turns out to be more of the same we've been hearing but with more sequencer and dj action.

A guest dj would be a welcome addition. The dj on the Zazen concert made certain songs do-able live. KSK songs yet to be heard live could be done if TJ had a dj.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.18, 12:34 AM   #15
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Lol, this forum really seems to have lost its spirit (I'm slightly disillusioned myself, but still). Was trying to be optimistic, but I guess it's just best to wait until they release a new single, and complain until then.

The faux jazz could be just another phase, hopefully.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.18, 01:12 AM   #16
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Well, I mentioned about very possible predictions, based on present known facts. There was a thread already for pure fan speculation/fantasies =P
Whatever the case, I think she should really update her fans about the future and what she plans to do. Even if it is an hiatus, she should tell us... I think.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.18, 06:13 AM   #17
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Lennon/McCartney?

more like Lennon (John)/Lennon (Sean)
I don't for a second think that a Ringo/Beatles comparison is at all unwarranted as long as no one else is mentioned (multiply mikio and HZM by two and then we'll talk).

I'm betting she'll do two similarly "themed" albums, one solo and the other Tokyo Jihen. But the solo one will have lots of aweful collaborations so no one expects another KZK and the Jihen album is half written by other members.

I think she's done making amazing albums and is now only capable of making amazing songs(probably due to the pressure of such high standards she's put on herself by being so awesome and the pressure to sell on par). This will probably change once shes old and wrinkly. At that point I imagine she might create some of the best music of her career if she hasn't quit by then.

ps. more hatsukoi would be amazing.

and that acapella hip hop marunouchi was also awesome. Do I have to wait for the DVD release to hear that again?
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.18, 08:28 AM   #18
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
ps. more hatsukoi would be amazing.
Hell yes it would and it certainly can be done in a band.
Old 2009.02.18, 09:10 AM   #19
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Hell yes it would and it certainly can be done in a band.
Maybe, but is it the Tokyo Jihen 'route?' It seems like Shiina Ringo's motto for TJ (Phase 2, at least) is to keep things simple, keeping out all the cleverness/quirkiness of her early music. Then again, we haven't had enough Phase 2 Tokyo Jihen to gauge whether that's true or not (ADULT, VARIETY doesn't count), which is why I remain optimistic. 'ELDERLY', or the next TJ album will be the real second phase 2 album.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.18, 09:20 AM   #20
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Maybe,we haven't had enough Phase 2 Tokyo Jihen to gauge whether that's true or not (ADULT, VARIETY doesn't count)
wut.

Well, I agree that Shiina does seem to lack anything tha made her great previously in the TJ songs...but I don't get how this is anything less than a terrible choice (assuming it is a choice)