Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.06.10, 08:39 AM   #11
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Niiiiiiice

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
souretsu
gypsy women are playing japanese instruments while some indian women are dacing and some arabian women do belly dance and suddenly all this turn out to be a satanistic ritual and in the end everyone becomes zoombie
Wtf? I can see it, though.

Onaji Yoru: A ruined geisha begging on the streets. Or something.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.10, 01:32 PM   #12
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

These images came from my first or second listen to the songs. Aozora and Poltergeist were similar to other people's. My Japanese isn't good enough to really influence especially as I concentrate on the music (only really on songs like Akanesasu, Shampoo and Yattsuke Shigoto did I get images like the lyrics).

Doppelganger: A devoted female ghost haunts the house of her lover. She throws pots and pans around so he never forgets her memory. At the end of the song she sits by his bedside and cries all night.*

Shuukyou (the "mellow" part): Floating high above the earth, millions of rays of light come from the heavens.

Shun: A stage with big red velvet curtains, yellow spotlighting all around. A tall woman dressed in black practises the song as a dress rehearsal.

Tasogare Naki: The first time I heard this I thought a beautiful woman was singing to her baby and surrounded by bright sunlight (didn't know what "tasogare" meant). Then Izawa's piano outro comes in and all of a sudden she's in a 1930s cockney pub.

Futari Bocchi Jikan: Sparkly blue cloth. [Was really pleased to the see the Minna no Uta video after getting this image to see the puppetter used lots of wrapping paper, it fit well!]

Tegami: Wedding cake icing and ribbons.

Okonomi de: Genteel hotel in the country with its own garden on a wet day. It's the kind of place where people have cream tea.

Tadashii Machi: The bridge over the river near Ochanomizu station, Tokyo (I wish I could give this song a grander setting, but my mind wants it to be there).

Kuki: Old streets in Kyoto (a woman in a kimono makes the footsteps); scenes from an unsubtitled Japanese domestic drama set in the 1950s that I don't understand.

BB Queen: Could only ever stand 10 seconds of this song. Really unpleasantly dark and dank. So far away from the Shiina Ringo I discovered last summer...

*This is because I originally read the KZK songlist backwards and thought the song was called "Poltergeist".

Last edited by so_cold : 2009.06.10 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Just a random reason, felt my list was too long and took a couple out
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.10, 02:22 PM   #13
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by so_cold View Post
Shuukyou (the "mellow" part): Floating high above the earth, millions of rays of light come from the heavens.
This is exactly what I picture during that segment too! It's very euphoric. I think it's one of my favorite moments, if not my favorite moment, from Ringo's entire discography.
Old 2009.06.10, 03:29 PM   #14
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Someone once uploaded a slide show set to "Kuki" on YouTube that was made up of pictures of flowers and WWII footage. The final stanza/crescendo of the song was set to films of Kamikaze attacks. It was amazing, and I think of that video every time I hear the song now. I think Ringo would have been really proud of it as well, since I think it really encapsulated KSK as a whole. It almost brings me to tears when I think about it sometimes. If anyone would have happened to have saved that video, I would really appreciate a link to it.

I, like other members of this forum, have a lot of imagery associated with SR's music. However, I'd rather keep it to myself so it doesn't get tainted. A lot of it is pretty abstract, anyway.
Entry№1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.11, 04:22 AM   #15
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by so_cold View Post
BB Queen: Could only ever stand 10 seconds of this song. Really unpleasantly dark and dank. So far away from the Shiina Ringo I discovered last summer...
That's the perfect description of the song. SoTC version is one of my favourite Phase 2 performances though. It sounds like something that would be played in the sewers of hell.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.13, 02:08 AM   #16
Lumenni

Lumenni pleased at least somebody

Hi all, I'm new and glad to join this forum

Here is what I clearly see when listening at these SR songs :

Toki Ga Bousou Suru : I see Ringo seated on a beach full of cheering persons, like kids playing and running in the sand. The sun shines and there are no clouds. She's wearing big black sunglasses and a black swimsuit and is singing the song without any emotion. There are a lot of close-ups on her sunglasses which don't let show her eyes, her mouth singing, and her fingers caressing the sand. She's very static. Then it's night and she's standing in front of the sea watching a firework. There still is a lot of people around her and she still doesn't notice them. This is when the music becomes more poignant. I couldn't imagine the PV of this song in a other way. ^^

Yattsuke Shigoto (KSK) : I see a caucasian family in their dark living-room. The blond fat little kid sunk in his old sofa wants to watch the TV but her mother does the vacuuming (the hoover solo, lol) so he squeals. Suddenly, the song begins and the the kid gasps because of Shiina Ringo. She's very pretty, with a over-neat skin (I don't know if it's correct xD) and a purple uniform like this which looks like an air hostess one, without the hat. She's performing a perfect choregraphy with two guys in purple uniform too and an over-bright smile. The little fat kid is amazed at the close-ups of Ringo's winks, he thinks everything is better on TV. There is a big contrast between the two "worlds" : the living-room is dark and old, the family is ugly whereas Ringo and her guys are cheerful, beautiful and dance in a bright and colorful atmosphere. But at the end of the song, when it's instrumental, when the camera stops, what we can see and that the kid can't see is that behind the scenes, Ringo, her mates and all the staff are not so happy, you can see alcohol bottles and empty glasses on a table, and most of all, they are all alone : they don't talk to each other and leave the film set alone. They all look depressed.
OK, this is very long and strange and all, and there is a stupid goddamm moral, but this is really what I think about when I listen to this tune !

Poltergeist : Ringo enters in a train, dressed like a lady of an other time. During the trip, she looks through the window with a weird, sadistic smile and sings. It's like she's going to a rendez-vous. But there still is this weird expression. Everybody in the carriage is discretely looking at her, behind his newspaper for example (because of her clothes and singing). At the station, a white-dressed man is waiting for her, pushes in a car and drives her in a psychiatric hospital. The last two super weird seconds of the song show her in a white bed wearing a straitjacket, with this sadistic expression.

Please forgive my english mistakes !
Lumenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.13, 06:49 AM   #17
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Those sound like they could be excellent music videos.. haha.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.13, 06:49 PM   #18
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

Shuukyou: I always just think of someone being kidnapped by a robber in their home :3

Yokushitsu (Ringo Expo): I always think of someone (shiina) laying on the floor of a bathroom with a cigarette kind of dying down. And as the song goes on, white stuff comes out of the sink and the persons nose/eyes/ears and floods the bathroom. I think I always think of it because she says in the start "lighter fluid and cream" and in the english version "The smell of Lighter fluid and cream" :x

Ishiki:
I just picture people arguing. Like a couple.

Originally Posted by Lumenni View Post

Poltergeist : Ringo enters in a train, dressed like a lady of an other time. During the trip, she looks through the window with a weird, sadistic smile and sings. It's like she's going to a rendez-vous. But there still is this weird expression. Everybody in the carriage is discretely looking at her, behind his newspaper for example (because of her clothes and singing). At the station, a white-dressed man is waiting for her, pushes in a car and drives her in a psychiatric hospital. The last two super weird seconds of the song show her in a white bed wearing a straitjacket, with this sadistic expression.
I always get that psyco kind of feel from the song. Like it's about someone who is seeing things or just at the start of a break down D: I heart what you said.
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote