Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.11.18, 05:54 PM   #11
Migoto

Migoto is headed in the right direction

It's been about two weeks without listening any SR/TJ... I've been busy listening some new albums over and over again (MONORAL's "Via", Appa's "Rashipoki" and Jackson Jackson's "Tools for Survival").

Last edited by Migoto : 2008.11.25 at 05:35 PM.
Migoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.19, 07:09 AM   #12
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

I still listen to her almost every day.
Mr Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.19, 10:00 AM   #13
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

Me too. I always have her first 3 solo albums in my iPod nano, and I usually just put it on shuffle, so her music comes up often.
I also have from her most of UM and HF, and some b-sides and covers. And all of Zazen XTC.
For TJ I keep Adult, most of Kyoiku, very few of Variety, some bsides and live performances.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.19, 12:17 PM   #14
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I keep Ringo and Jihen CDs in my car so whenever I've listened to everything else I end up putting them in (the past few days I've been listening to MM/SS and I put in KSK today and was blown away yet again, I always forget how good it is). So maybe I'll go on one of these sprees for either Ringo or Jihen every couple months or so? I don't generally feel the desire to listen to the CDs off my iPod or iTunes though... if that's the case it will usually be my "Live Ringo/Jihen" playlist.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.19, 12:48 PM   #15
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I haven't listened to Shiina Ringo or Tokyo Jihen in almost two weeks now. I tend to go on marathons when I do listen to them. It's almost time for me to get back to that.

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I keep Ringo and Jihen CDs in my car.
I hope those are burnt copies, rather than your originals.
Old 2008.11.19, 12:49 PM   #16
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Nope, they're the originals. I hide the various CD binders I keep my CDs in whenever I park my car. Also my car is pretty hard to break into, apparently, and I don't spend a lot of time parking it in dangerous areas. I'm not worried.
Old 2008.11.19, 12:51 PM   #17
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Isn't he talking about scratches on the disks?
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.19, 01:18 PM   #18
frecklegirl
apple-princess

Oh, yeah. Yeah, some of them have scratches, even though I'm very careful about keeping them in the binders when they're not in use. I need to boil some CDs soon... good thing the instructions are right here in this forum! (I'm still kinda scared to...)
Old 2008.11.19, 06:53 PM   #19
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

For the entire year of 2006, Adult never left my car cd slot. I'd end up listening to it in its entirety 3 times a day driving out of laziness to press eject or switch to FM radio.

Variety got 8 months in the car. All the other SR albums and Education are at home and get played multiple times a day depending on whats in the cd player and again my laziness to eject the disc and stop it from looping.

there are times I feel like I'm brainwashing myself like a preschooler listening to the Barney theme song. I'm not even enjoying the music anymore its there because I'm used to it being there and need SR/TJ playing in the background.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.19, 09:40 PM   #20
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I listen to her at least once a day. Usually more.

My taste is pretty eclectic though. Lately I've been going through a West Coast rap phase and have been really enjoying NWA, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, and Nate Dogg. But I've also been enjoying The Radio Dept, Frank Zappa, Bow Wow Wow, Jackson 5, Christina Aguilera, King Crimson, The Brilliant Green (especially Baby London Star, I am addicted to that song right now), and Lauryn Hill. So yeah. Kind of all over the place.

But I always find myself going back to Ringo.