Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.08.05, 07:18 PM   #191
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts
Default moved from "Killer Tune thread"

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Dude, that's what I just said . I guess I was not clear enough .
Hahahaha, I'm terrible at life tonight. Sorry about that, Hedo. You were actually quite clear about it.

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
But another thing that's cool in that video is how the space invaders turn into the Tokyo Jihen logo. Great success!
I really like how those little Atari alien things from Space Invaders become the Tokyo Jihen symbol. Good stuff!
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.05, 07:50 PM   #192
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
I really like how those little Atari alien things from Space Invaders become the Tokyo Jihen symbol. Good stuff!
That had to be on purpose, fluffie .
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.05, 07:53 PM   #193
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Damn it Jihad, for the last time stop being over-critical of JCHI! Just because you had to sit through the mediocre dvd edit and weren't there to watch it live doesn't warrant you criticising JCHI like that all the time! I'm very sure other people who were there live LOVED the visual effects and they certainly did not detract from the music, which is pretty good as well! Is it wrong to spend more of their budget on lighting effects if that makes it more interesting visually? Just because SR's been using minimal stage effects in her past concerts doesn't mean she shouldn't try something new.

on topic
I finally heard Killer Tune. It's... nice. But yeah, nothing more. I could tell it's an Izawa song immediately. After Kaban no Nakami, Killer Tune seems a bit of a let down? It's still very enjoyable though; it probably makes a good karaoke song.

(i really really hope my SR/TJ fandom doesn't end with album #3.)
Old 2007.08.05, 08:23 PM   #194
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Damn it Jihad, for the last time stop being over-critical of JCHI! Just because you had to sit through the mediocre dvd edit and weren't there to watch it live doesn't warrant you criticising JCHI like that all the time! I'm very sure other people who were there live LOVED the visual effects and they certainly did not detract from the music, which is pretty good as well! Is it wrong to spend more of their budget on lighting effects if that makes it more interesting visually? Just because SR's been using minimal stage effects in her past concerts doesn't mean she shouldn't try something new.

on topic
I finally heard Killer Tune. It's... nice. But yeah, nothing more. I could tell it's an Izawa song immediately. After Kaban no Nakami, Killer Tune seems a bit of a let down? It's still very enjoyable though; it probably makes a good karaoke song.

(i really really hope my SR/TJ fandom doesn't end with album #3.)
Yea, seriously jihad, it's not like the visuals block out the sound of the music @_@.

But JR, if you at least find the music enjoyable, but you don't think its great or as good as their other works, does that mean you will stop being a fan?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.05, 08:29 PM   #195
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Bah, glath not being on and me not wanting to ruin my 1337ness. But alas, if Justins on me, then what else can i do?

If it was a good concert, and they couldn't capture that essence in a edited format, then thats the definition of a failure. Plain and simple.
They added these post-produced vids, still winds up a "mediocre dvd" -- thats a failure. It didnt look like there were all too many stage effects in comparison to DO (beyond Service...which was still dreadful) so :shrug: on that one. Lighting and whatever, fine, thats part of the show. I have no damn problem with that, and i think youd scarcely find someone who would. Anything that is there on stage seen if youre in the audience -- go for it. If you can't help (no pun) but to tinker with it afterwards with post-produced stuff I think its a cop out, and if its not helping anything like in JCHI then its a total failure. I wasn't very keen on the few post-produced bits in EM either (Kuki, Gibs)

I wasn't in the crowd, so when I say JCHI i don't mean the show, i mean the dvd -- even tho the dvd is of the show. Think of it like Kyoiku. The songs were good, yet they still were presented like shit. And I come off hard on JCHI cuz that was sorta irrefutable for me to ignore that Shiina was "off kilter" at least.
The non-live parts were Mr 50-yen's ideas.
Old 2007.08.05, 08:39 PM   #196
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Upon first listen, that was... nice.
Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I finally heard Killer Tune. It's... nice.
Nice.
Old 2007.08.05, 08:51 PM   #197
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
Originally Posted by frecklegirl
I also want to say that I love Ringo's shoes in this video and the sassy way she walks. That is all.
I will consider you to be a fanboy if you ever start with the "XDDDDD I love this video cuz Shiina's so hot!" or "Shiina's breasts look great!" like somebody else here. Is it also too much to ask for some positive comments about the actual music instead of just a bunch of "I love it" type posts?
XD
Am I getting called a fanboy here? XD
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.05, 08:53 PM   #198
waxringo

waxringo has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Am I getting called a fanboy here? XD
well, i'm a fangirl, cover in ringo tattoos and names her son after her.
i love those shoes. I'd trip her and run with them. after i touched her all over.

yay for killertune....
I LIKE IT A LOT.
RECOGNIZE!
Old 2007.08.06, 12:13 AM   #199
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

So, what IS the name of your son?

On Topic:
It was already said once, and I can only agree: She somehow doesn't look much like Shiina. Her face looks... just not like her. Wery Weird!

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.06, 12:19 AM   #200
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

POSiTiVe <3 POwEr!!!!!!!! TIME

I <3 Ringo Shiina!!!
I <3 Tokyo Jihen!!!!!!!
I <3 Kyouiku!
I <3 Adult!
I <3 Variety!
I <3 Heiseiei Fuzkokzukoeuuwu!
I <3 OSCA!
I <3 Killer Tuuuuune!
I <3 All B-Sides EVERYWHERE!
I <3 New releases!
I <3 Mr. Hirama!
I <3 Mr. Uki!
I <3 Mr. HZM!
I <3 Mr. Izawa!
I <3 Mr. Kameda!
I <3 Mr. Hata!
I <3 Ms. Shiina! again
I <3 Bill Nye the Science Guy!

thIS nEw aLbUm iZ guNNA ROKK!!!!!, N i caN't w88888888!!!!

Sorry, Jihad (for being in love with an unreleased album -- no worries, it's a joke) and frecklegirl (for the post). I just had a lot of positive energy stored up, but I'm going to sleep now.

PS - this post is not spam (because it took me a long time to type. )
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote