Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.06.23, 07:16 AM   #201
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I don't even know what the second meaning besides a "rottentomatoes.com" rating is

MyAnimelist
Old 2008.06.23, 08:31 AM   #202
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

You didn't need to drag this out Shinji
Old 2008.06.23, 10:35 AM   #203
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

What, you're offended now??
Old 2008.06.23, 09:54 PM   #204
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

oh my god. I can't believe this EVEN turned into this XDD we are soooo ridiculous
Old 2008.07.05, 03:17 AM   #205
golem09

Ok, I LOVE horror movies.
I was always scared of mirrors, they are even scarier than dolls.

So THIS TRAILER looks more scary than anything I've seen so far. I don't even know if I want to see this movie....

MyAnimelist
Old 2008.07.05, 04:20 AM   #206
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I love a good horror, it's just a shame that most American ones as of recent haven't been, well, good. [Rec] and The Orphanage are two fantastic Spanish horrors I've seen recently.

This looks interesting though, and I did enjoy The Hills Have Eyes remake though I didn't find it remotely scary. Shame I'll never be scared in the presence of Jack Bauer
Old 2008.07.18, 08:08 AM   #207
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Wow, we do have some really romantic guys on this forum.
Before Sunrise... is probably one of the most romantic movies I've ever watched. It's so surreal and joyful, kinda makes you want to have the same thing happen to you too.

Whisper and CJ, I suggest you guys wait a few more days before watching Before Sunset. Celine in Before Sunset almost seems like a totally different girl...a bit resentful I think, so be prepared for that. Other than that it's a perfect sequel to a good movie.
OK, so last night I re-watched Before Sunrise in order to finally watch Before Sunset. For some reason I kept putting it off. I don't know why, I guess I thought "Originally these movies had a 9 year gap between, and it's likely the last I'll see of the characters so I'll wait a bit".

I think they handled it pretty perfectly. I still loved the characters and their relationship, and the movie itself and characters were much more mature and subsequent a bit more bitter and realistic but still a total joy to watch. I can relate with Jessie and Celine in Sunset more, so I guess I have a more emotional attachment to that movie, but it was a pretty flawless sequel. And that last line... Utterly perfect. Couldn't have ended it any better.

Anybody who hasn't yet watched these movies, go do so now.
Old 2008.07.18, 03:22 PM   #208
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

^ I saw it a couple of months ago, I thought it was half a step below the original, but the movie still hit you with great moments.

MOTHERFUCKER! I'm so fucking angry right now, I took the whole day off to watch the Dark Knight and I found myself next to the most retarded motherfuckers on the planet. They wouldn't shut the fuck up during the whole movie despite telling them over and over.

Completely ruined the movie for me, which I'm pretty sure would've been lifechanging but now it's completely tainted forever.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2008.07.18, 08:10 PM   #209
golem09

I've just seen The Ruins. Must be the goriest movie I've ever seen. Not in terms of quantity of goriness, but the realism.

MyAnimelist
Old 2008.07.18, 10:42 PM   #210
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
And that last line... Utterly perfect. Couldn't have ended it any better.

Anybody who hasn't yet watched these movies, go do so now.
What was that last line? (put it in white please!) I forgot! I just remembered it was a super sweet ending... like you said, perfect.