Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.05.28, 07:36 PM   #221
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
Almost everyone I know who was a non-smoker who moved to Japan for any significant amount of time and was involved in daily Japanese community life eventually succumbed to cigarettes and alcohol.
Haha, yeah, it's true, a guy from my study abroad program who was a non-smoker is now a big smoker and it's because he started in Japan.

However I continue to resist. I resisted in college, at Greek parties where everyone was smoking. I resisted in Japan, where it is made easy. Hell, I even resisted in Paris, where over half of my friends smoked, I was already inhaling secondhand smoke all the time when we'd go to bars together, and it would have made my life so much easier to just give in. So if you asked me why I don't smoke, besides the fact that I prefer to be as healthy as possible, it is more out of stubbornness from having made it this far. I mean, I can't just give in this late in the game!

I do however enjoy how easy it is to drink in Japan. I really like how it's such an intricate and accepted part of the culture. Ahhhh, chu-hi.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.28, 08:15 PM   #222
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

She didn't seem to smoke a lot to begin with. Singing requires a lot of lungs and smoking would have eaten that up. To me Shiina always smoked coz it was cool (not to belittle her D: or say she's fake).

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
I will never bet on a japanese person running a marathon.
Hahaha! But what if they are training in the states?
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.28, 08:57 PM   #223
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Shiina smokes a pack a day.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.28, 09:41 PM   #224
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Never could get into cigarettes. I just don't like them. I guess it also doesn't help that the smell of cigarette smoke makes me feel like vomiting. Ironically, a good portion of my favorite musicians smoke but don't do any other drugs. Frank Zappa, Freddie Mercury, and Shiina Ringo (as far as I know of anyway) all fit this.
Old 2009.05.28, 10:08 PM   #225
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm pretty sure all three of those artists mentioned have other vices than cigarettes. I'm almost positive all of them are fairly well acquainted with mary jane.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.28, 10:14 PM   #226
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

It was possible Mercury did some toking but Zappa was known for being completely against the use of drugs. He hated them and the effect they had on people. Though he did admit to trying pot when he was younger. He just said he didn't really like it. With Ringo I can't really say but if she does she hides it well.
Old 2009.05.29, 03:05 AM   #227
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I'm pretty sure all three of those artists mentioned have other vices than cigarettes. I'm almost positive all of them are fairly well acquainted with mary jane.
LOL. Now that we are speaking about smoking, it's curious that I just started smoking a year ago, when I was 18. My work contract ended so I got depressed and I just thought "maybe a cigarette improves this shit" so I ended up being a hard smoker (1 pack a day X_X).
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.29, 03:09 AM   #228
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
LOL. Now that we are speaking about smoking, it's curious that I just started smoking a year ago, when I was 18. My work contract ended so I got depressed and I just thought "maybe a cigarette improves this shit" so I ended up being a hard smoker (1 pack a day X_X).

You addicted? I usually smoke as well if I'm with certain groups of people but feel zero addiction to them, so I can just put them down and not give it another thought unlike some of my friends (and older sister) who are utterly helpless in front of a smoke!

At near £5 per pack I couldn't get addicted even if I wanted to! (damned if I'd pay that much)
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.29, 03:15 AM   #229
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
You addicted? I usually smoke as well if I'm with certain groups of people but feel zero addiction to them, so I can just put them down and not give it another thought unlike some of my friends (and older sister) who are utterly helpless in front of a smoke!

At near £5 per pack I couldn't get addicted even if I wanted to! (damned if I'd pay that much)
Hmppph! It being that expensive makes want to quit, but I don't really want to LOL. I mean, I'm sure I could quit if I wanted -I can be hours and hours without smoking-, but I like smoking so I don't really want to. Sometimes I think about my lungs and my health and stuff but 5 minutes after I'm smoking a cigarette, hahaha!

(I usually smoke Camel, which costs about 3€... Really expensive for a college student T_T)
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.29, 03:19 AM   #230
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I'm sure I could quit if I wanted
My sister has been saying that for years but as you said I don't just smoke as habit I too actually enjoy it as well! Marlboro Red for me \0/ I love cigars more than anything! about once every two months I get ten luxury cigars (COHIBA Robustos) and smoke away!

(I know it's bad for me, leave me alone)

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.05.29 at 03:25 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote