Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.11.15, 02:36 AM   #281
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
It was also posted on 2ch that it'll be on MTV Hits the same day, but between 6am and 7am.

They're also saying that, according to Musica, Frustration will have lyrics written/sung in a Kansai dialect (Has she done this before?)
the only song off the top of my head is Karisome Otome death jazz version, which is sung in Yoshiawara dialect, unique to the Yoshiwara district (now in Tokyo), where the oiran spoke such, ensuring that if they tried to run away they would immediately be identified and returned. This fits in with Ringo writing for Sakuran. You can tell because the language is different, most noticeably the "arinsu" instead of "arimasu." The movie guide book has a whole section on Yoshiwara dialect, it is pretty interesting, and as a non-native speaker, watching Sakuran the first few times in the theatre without subtitles was a bit interesting, the first 30 minutes were a learning curve.
Old 2009.11.15, 04:26 AM   #282
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

That's quite interesting, especially the fact that there is an 'oiran dialect'. Now I don't think that Karisome Otome is completely throwaway. I also listened to Kenka Joutou again in combination with the lyrics/translation, and the opening part does indeed establish a tone/atmosphere for the song. I especially like how the guy sounds a bit like those anime/J-Drama delinquents who want to start beef. I appreciate the song more now, and it is quite unfortunate that I can't understand the lyrics of her music.

I'm so excited, and I can't think of anything else! I think it's time to revisit Kyouiku (Dynamite Out edition), Adult, and the er, handful of live Variety songs I like.

(Unfortunately, I think the PV will suck)

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.11.15 at 04:29 AM.
Old 2009.11.15, 02:25 PM   #283
kuro_neko

I think its safe to say we will have the PV between 24-48 hours from now.

excitttiiinnngggg

edit: in the director's defence he did do all the Variety-era PV's and all the Seiteki Healing PV's except Shun (which is the only video I truly disliked). His videos may seem a bit flippant but some of them do have that high quality polish that separate them from earlier Jihen videos like Gunjyou Biyori and Sounan. The best time for Jihen videos was Adult, easily, with both Kenka Joutou and Shuraba having darker and more interesting videos than any other era. As for Ringo, Ariamaru Tomi, to be fair, was a good video, as was Senkou Shoujo...Killer Tune was ehhhh....I'm not too hopeful that the new video will be amazing, but his track record is all over the place....so we could literally get anything at this point....

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.11.15 at 02:48 PM.
Old 2009.11.15, 03:33 PM   #284
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think Sounan is the best TJ PV, and arguably her best PV full stop? SR there looked simultaneously badass and classy. I love the bit where she's playing the guitar, but because of the shot, it looks like she's masturbating. And the spinning.

Adult era was a mixed bag, for me. Himitsu = Trying too hard with 'Adult' theme. Shuraba = Good last segment with blood. Kenka = Great Hata segment. Kabuki = Good beginning, but SR swaying side to side from the whole thing =/

...For Mother has to be my favourite PV from that era. Combined with the song, it's the most soothing thing she's done.

So for Kodama, yeah, his track record is all over the place. But man, I really did not like that Ryuukou video. The catwalk made sense, it was just the execution... I did enjoy Ii Karada, but I think he could have done something more interesting with the 'It's not a mystery I want a kysterie' =p bit. The plus point is that the Sports theme may need the polish he can offer.

I hope there isn't too much of an emphasis on SR looking 'classy' in this video. She should be active. The guys too -- after all, Uki loves cars, Hata loves kabuki, and Izawa loves solving mysteries with the Mystery Inc. gang. =P
Old 2009.11.15, 06:19 PM   #285
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

in 2 hours the pv is out in japan.. it will probably leak tomorrow or tuesday.. i hope

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2009.11.15, 07:30 PM   #286
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
in 2 hours the pv is out in japan.. it will probably leak tomorrow or tuesday.. i hope
um, right now it is 1:30PM Monday the 16th in Tokyo...the PV is set to debut on the morning of the 17th and later in the day of the 17th on Space Shower...so its about 24 hours or so still...
Old 2009.11.15, 08:18 PM   #287
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
um, right now it is 1:30PM Monday the 16th in Tokyo...the PV is set to debut on the morning of the 17th and later in the day of the 17th on Space Shower...so its about 24 hours or so still...

i have a channel called space shower. Is that the same space shower? Are there many space showers or only one space shower? I would love to get wet in the space shower.

I really like the shuraba video. kenka jouto is pretty cool i guess. all the kyouiku videos are totally ok, nothing bad. Not into any of the new solo videos at all. Actually I really dont like any solo videos. Honnou is cool cause its a huge scene from pop culture history and kabukicho is like not at all bad but other than that and maybe ringo no uta, not into any of them off the top of my head. im sure im not remembering one or two though
Old 2009.11.15, 08:40 PM   #288
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

PV check
11/17 06:00~07:00 MTV
11/17 15:00~16:00 SSTV (Space Shower)
11/17 16:00~17:00 SSTV
11/18 02:00~04:00 SSTV

another pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 432230.jpg (21.5 KB, 106 views)
Old 2009.11.15, 09:26 PM   #289
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by papilionidae View Post
PV check
11/17 06:00~07:00 MTV
11/17 15:00~16:00 SSTV (Space Shower)
11/17 16:00~17:00 SSTV
11/18 02:00~04:00 SSTV

another pic
well dont see myself wakin up an hour early for it. Hopefully no one will be using the communal TV at 4
Old 2009.11.16, 01:37 AM   #290
Scribble R

At 9pm tonight (6am tomorrow for Japan), you better believe that all prior engagements will go out of the window, and I will be constantly refreshing 2ch. Due to EARLY impressions I'm not expecting it to be as good or 'epic' as say, Himitsu, but if it has a 'rap, repetitive, sporty feel' I hope that it'll at least be good enough to jog to =P

And remember, the CM for Kissmint is airing too. I like the look of her in that pic. Reminds me of Zazen Ecstasy.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.11.16 at 01:42 AM.
Closed Thread