Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2010.06.03, 03:50 AM   #21
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
I wonder if the Blu-ray will be proper high definition source or just an upscale?
The price might be a clue. I think upscaled Blu-rays are typically the same price as regular DVD's (at least in America). I can't really speak for Japanese media. My guess is that it's genuine HD though, as I'm sure Ringo has been itching at HD releases for a while now.
Old 2010.06.03, 06:21 AM   #22
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Hope so be nice to see genuine HD Ringo on my bigger TV rather than watching on my PC monitor (the various .TS/MKV 720/1080 stuff that shows up on torrent sites which I watch on the PC).

Edit: I'm only buying this Blu-ray for 3min, Shuraba & Sounan so it better not let me down

Edit 2: just saw the price it would be about £70 for me to own this so I don't think I'll bother! a mostly shitty (in my opinion) tracklist so nah. I thought I'd be paying about £15~20 for the disc like I do locally but it's way too jacked up to be remotely worth it, never mind the Customs fees which I'd forgotten about. oh well.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2010.06.04 at 06:28 PM.
Old 2010.06.04, 07:32 PM   #23
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'd like to see every bead of sweat the band makes in 1080p. the sound quality should be better than actually being at the concert, no venue echo or the sound of noisy seat neighbors screaming.

i can finally get some use for my ps3 besides games. this will be the first ever bluray disc i'll be buying.
Old 2010.06.11, 04:51 PM   #24
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
I'd like to see every bead of sweat the band makes in 1080p. the sound quality should be better than actually being at the concert, no venue echo or the sound of noisy seat neighbors screaming.

i can finally get some use for my ps3 besides games. this will be the first ever bluray disc i'll be buying.
word. same here, this will my second purchase, my first was The Vengeance Trilogy Bluray Box set (which was limited in a metal tin at Best Buy).
Old 2010.06.13, 11:02 AM   #25
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

whoa, i might buy that box set too!

i've never seen Dae Jang Geum as a killer before.
Old 2010.06.17, 12:59 PM   #26
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
whoa, i might buy that box set too!

i've never seen Dae Jang Geum as a killer before.
Sympathy for Lady Vengeance is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time.

trust me, watch it, you'll be blown away, especially if you know the actress's other work beforehand.
Old 2010.06.18, 07:08 PM   #27
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

I always like lady vengence less than the other two but its still pretty good.

His movie after the trilogy was so Effing dissapointing but not nearly as dissapointing as the oldboy manga.

How is that vampire movie? Haven't seen it yet.
Old 2010.06.19, 06:21 PM   #28
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
I always like lady vengence less than the other two but its still pretty good.

His movie after the trilogy was so Effing dissapointing but not nearly as dissapointing as the oldboy manga.

How is that vampire movie? Haven't seen it yet.
wait...which one? He had a couple after Lady Vengeance but before Thirst (that vampire one), none of which were horror. Thirst was awesome. It was dark and edgy and everything you would expect from the guy who brought us the Vengeance Trilogy.

I have no idea how you can possibly like Lady Vengeance less than the other two movies. The entire movie is head to toe lavish, it has better cinematography than Mr. Vengeance, a better score than Oldboy, and better plot than either of them. I personally don't get the massive obsession with Oldboy. I think at it's heart its a story that ultimately appeals to men whereas Lady Vengeance really seems to not hit the same chords with the male fans as it does with the women/gay men I know. I think that has to do with the fact that it was involving motherhood and how a mother would handle the concept of justice. it was because of that reason that the director has actually said he was most pleased with it out of the 3 because it added a much more intense and emotional aspect to the story.

oldboy is a good movie but it hinges around a few key plot points and I don't think it holds up on multiple views. Lady Vengeance is so over the top lavish that you can just really bathe in the baroque atmosphere and beautiful cinematography, plot aside. then once you start to think about the story its just amazing. its more of an emotional journey than a mystery.

Mr. Vengeance was just brutal man.

if you like k-film you gotta check out Mother, the follow up by the director who was responsible for The Host. Has some similar themes to Lady Vengeance.
Old 2010.06.25, 03:29 AM   #29
JM Romeo

JM Romeo is headed in the right direction

With some luck the BluRay is region free.
Old 2010.06.25, 06:09 AM   #30
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Most of the Pacific Ocean is one consolidated Blu-Ray Region (because NTSC is what we have in common). Even if the disc were Region-coded, my North American PS3 would still be able to play it. If the disc is Region-coded, then I'd recommend hooking your computer to your TV and installing AnyDVD HD.