Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2009.07.08, 10:06 AM   #21
toriringo

toriringo pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
whatt! people got to meet her after the show? i had to go since it was already late and i had to catch a train back to jersey.
i actually have met her, though, before that show she did a free show at the virgin megastore in union square and i got a picture taken with her and she autographed my lp. still, i'd love to have been able to talk to her again. i saw her last month, too, in brooklyn, and i guess she's always really accessible. I was looking for the venue and saw her outside and talking on her phone and she told me how to get in =).

but yea, it was amazing. i was right by the front and there was some dousche clapping at wrong times, though, so that was kind of annoying. still, it didn't ruin it. i loved when she did the red lips song, it was crazy.
Sometimes she does post-show signings, but I don't know if it's something she does all the time. Next time I see her I want to stick around and see if I can meet her and tell her that we like all the same movies. I must have been standing near you because I had the same douche bags standing in front of me and making so much noise throughout her set. I thought it was so rude of them. I didn't know frat guys were into her music. Odd. Your Lips Are Red was definitely a highlight!! I'm really trying to get to All Points West to see her, Neko Case, My Bloody Valentine, and Tool, but I don't know how much of a possibility it will be.
toriringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.27, 04:01 PM   #22
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

mr. Pillow is an asset to this community

...wow, last post is from 2009. Anyone cares if I revive this thread?

Going to see Cibelle in Rome, on June 5th. I asked her on Twitter if she was going to tour Italy (as well as some other countries she's been visiting in the last months, like Belgium I think?) and she actually responded! It was very nice of her, she seemed quite friendly. Can't wait!
mr. Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.27, 06:31 PM   #23
xephyr

xephyr pleased at least somebody

Sure. I just saw Loudness play a couple weeks ago and Rammstein last friday. Rammstein concert was just... wow. amazing
Old 2011.05.27, 07:11 PM   #24
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Gonna see the Grates next month, not too keen (not my thing) but it's my friends bday and its only 30 bucks. They're pretty fun live band I guess... which is enough.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.27, 07:46 PM   #25
destrega
Banned

destrega pleased at least somebody

I actually have two gigs lined up for the coming month (June).

I've got Elton John on the tenth and Paul Simon on the twenty-something.
destrega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.05.29, 12:55 AM   #26
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by mr. Pillow View Post
...wow, last post is from 2009. Anyone cares if I revive this thread?

Going to see Cibelle in Rome, on June 5th. I asked her on Twitter if she was going to tour Italy (as well as some other countries she's been visiting in the last months, like Belgium I think?) and she actually responded! It was very nice of her, she seemed quite friendly. Can't wait!
I remember seeing Cibelle waaaaay back in 04 or 05. (God I'm getting old.)
She is so freakin' sexy. Her tunes sounded 1000x more alive in the concert hall (yup! it was in the concert hall that also hosted the New York and Vienna Philharmonic Orchestras!)
But her music has changed a lot since then (I think because she's moved to London.)
Hope you enjoy the gig. Let us know how it went! I'm curious.
Old 2011.06.06, 03:25 AM   #27
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Hope you enjoy the gig. Let us know how it went! I'm curious.
...and so the gig was eventually cancelled, it came out that Cibelle is ill. Hope she recovers soon! She could set a new gig here in the next months, who knows.

By the way, I'm seeing PJ Harvey in July.
Old 2011.06.06, 07:53 AM   #28
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by mr. Pillow View Post
By the way, I'm seeing PJ Harvey in July.
I can't remember the last time she played here. Shame too since she's got a song with my hometown's name in the title. Ah well, I hope you have a great time!
Old 2011.06.06, 07:57 AM   #29
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

Thanks I'm not a big fan of hers, but I know people who regularly attend her gigs and they told me that she's phenomenal live. Guess we'll see.
Old 2011.06.06, 08:04 PM   #30
xephyr

xephyr pleased at least somebody

Just saw Flogging Molly play, gonna see Hiromi Uehara play next week, possibly Dropkick Murphys a couple weeks after that