Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2014.07.24, 08:53 AM   #311
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

Maybe she's not 'Experimental' but she's definitely satirical in a way that leads her to make music that's both fun to listen to and also a little bit intellectually stimulating. when i listen to her music i don't feel lost in the land of over politeness and sugar that i've witnessed a lot of japan and japanese music to be like. when i listen to her i feel more like someone who sees Japan's flaws and appreciates them for what they are. again maybe this all just me. but especially her first album, listening to it i feel like i'm walking down the alleyways near my guest house in osaka. It's personal but biting, 'cute' but not comfortable. For a foreigner, at least, the way S.O sings is exactly the way Japan is...cute but kind of intimidating!!!!!!
Old 2014.07.24, 09:48 AM   #312
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

The setlist for the Aomori Rock Festival was perfect. The entrance was really cool and THAT EPIC KISS. I'm starting to really like watching her live performances. I would definitely go to see her if she actually did come overseas to perform. I'm going to be the guy who catches her when she jumps into the audience, yes sir.

You're welcome, deadgrandma.

I'm not in-the-know enough on Togawa to really make a good argument one way or the other... but what I have heard from her and Yapoos is definitely more experimental than Seiko. I think comparisons can be made, especially between the vocals... but Seiko seems to be much more poppy. But I love how she's bubble-gum and hard-core at the same time. I mean, who does that?

I think that new single will sound good with her performing live. She asks us to practice the dance so we can dance along during concerts. And about that live chat thing... I really, really want to hear her sing those Ringo tracks.

Last edited by kalmia : 2014.07.24 at 09:52 AM.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.25, 08:25 PM   #313
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

The future of music = giving out free rice!

Also, Oomori sure is posting a LOT of photos of her and this chick (one of the girls from BiS if I'm not mistaken):

BESTIES or something more???
Old 2014.07.26, 05:29 AM   #314
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post

The future of music = giving out free rice!
Dude Comments like these just make me not want to keep checking this thread for news. Can we keep up to date with Oomori without riding her so hard? It's cool that she's active with her fanbase though.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.26, 06:08 AM   #315
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Gees, do I have to really put a :-p after every joke I make....

:-p

Btw, I'm not riding the Oomori bandwagon... I'm fucking driving it.... And like all respectable bandwagon drivers, I drive that bitch HARD!!!

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.07.26 at 06:13 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.26, 09:12 AM   #316
chii

chii is headed in the right direction

New to Seiko Oomori, and im quite liking her! First thing I've heard is the PINK EP, and been trying to find Mahou tracks unsuccessful (only heard a few, and Im really liking them!)

I am DEFINITELY going to suggest to Steven that he brings her for Next Music from Tokyo, though since she's on Avex now, it probably wont be possible...
chii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.26, 10:55 AM   #317
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

I really like that Oomori is often interacting with fans like this. It feels like she's an actual person that you could potentially meet yourself. I can't really say that about many artists.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.27, 08:23 PM   #318
deadgrandma

Kyury Kyuru promotion

Yet more single promotion.

Who are these 2 assholes anyway... they are plain annoying to me. Just give us the full PV already woman!
Old 2014.07.28, 01:31 AM   #319
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

^They seem to be a female comic duo called 日本エレキテル連合, which translates to something like "Japan Electric Generator Alliance" or "Japan Electric Union", I dunno. They wear those outfits a lot, apparently.

I'm still absorbing the crazy 2-hour online chat she did. There must've been around 2,500 comments from fans during the stream, and she had to have read and replied to around half of them.

She also spent a good 20+ minutes holding the teddy bear from the picture above, doing a teddy bear voice. I think the bear has a really perverted name of some sort too.

And the 20 or so minutes of her singing other artist's songs in her bedroom, of course. Then the 15 minutes of crying at the end.

What a wild manic-depressive ride.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.28, 09:15 AM   #320
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by mrnarse View Post
What a wild manic-depressive ride.
Now that you mention it, that really wouldn't surprise me if she was. Lots of creative types are.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote