Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2011.05.20, 07:07 PM   #311
jackmanca

jackmanca is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Anyway if J-POP makes SR so uncomfortable then why is she doing so much of it. Seriously.
I think she doesn't like the therm, not the kind of music (like no one says madonna is us-pop, or shakira is c-pop), being or not pop ('cause it's really bizarre to put, for example, soil & pimp sessions and morning musume under the same category: j-pop.). It's really strange, if you stop to think about it. But it's the old problem of needing to put a label in everything.

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Hopefully they'll work some of the songs (of Sanmon Gossip) on the set lists on the next TJ tour... In particular, a good live of Shun would be great
I hope so too!
Old 2011.05.20, 07:07 PM   #312
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Have you listened to Raphael Saadiq's newest album? It's sounds pretty amazing!
Old 2011.05.20, 07:13 PM   #313
jackmanca

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
From www.tokyojihen.com:
CMタイアップ曲「空が鳴っている」「女の子は誰でも」「新し い文明開化」、昨年配信のみでリリースした「天国へようこそ」「ドーパミント!」の新録バージョンを含む全14曲収録予定。(14 songs in total)

From www.kronekodow.com:
「空が鳴っている」「女の子は誰でも」のほか、昨年配信のみでリリースした「天国へようこそ」「ドーパミント!」の新録バージョンを含む全13曲収録となります (13 songs in total)

WTF?
sorry, but what does this all mean??? I get that it has 2 different infos, which is strange, but what is the info? (I used google translator but it didn't really help....)

Last edited by jackmanca : 2011.05.20 at 07:16 PM.
Old 2011.05.20, 07:23 PM   #314
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

I think it's just the difference in track number. Other than that, they basically say the same thing.

First one says : CM tie up Sora ga Natteiru, Onna no Ko wa Daredemo, Atarashii Bunmeikaika and last year release Tengoku e Youkoso & Dopamint new version. 14 songs total.

Second on says : Sora ga Natteiru & Onna no Ko wa Daredemo and new version of last year release Tengoku e Youkoso & Dopamint. 13 songs total.

Last edited by BlueApple : 2011.05.20 at 07:29 PM.
Old 2011.05.20, 07:28 PM   #315
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

New Album From Incidents Tokyo Set for Release
Incidents Tokyo's new album, 'Great Discovery,' is set for release on June 29. The album's 13 songs include "The Reverberation" and "Fly Me to Heaven" as well as new versions of "Welcome to Heaven" and "Dopamint!" The wait is on.

The jacket photos are all done, too. Hurray!

Incidents Tokyo's New Album
Great Discovery
On sale June 29
TOCT-27070 3,059 yen (w/tax)
Source: http://www.kronekodow.com/english/news/news_0.html
Let's not forget the English page of Kronekodow.
It is saying 13 tracks, which seems more in line with previous albums. TJ's website could still be counting "Onna no Ko wa Dare Demo/Fly Me To Heaven" as two separate songs. Also of note:
Sheena Ringo to Perform "Fly Me to Heaven" on May 20 Music Station
Sheena Ringo will be appearing on Music Station on May 20, representing Incidents Tokyo.

She will be performing "Fly Me to Heaven," a song familiar to many of you as the theme of the Shiseido Maquillage commercials also starring Ms. Ringo. Expect something a bit different than the Incidents would perform. Don't miss it!

Music Station
TV Asahi network stations
May 20 at 8:00 p.m.
It makes me wonder if Ringo went on as a solo artist just so she could have the ballet dancers. By the way, given Ringo's past with ballet and what she said about the meaning of Onna no Ko wa Dare Demo made this particular performance interesting. Though I can't speculate about her personal life, were the dancers symbolic of her own childhood dreams of being a dancer that had been laid to rest?
Old 2011.05.20, 07:29 PM   #316
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

so did SWITCH mention whether the album has 13 or 14 songs? I'm getting confused.

tokyojihen: 14 songs (perhaps we can get a bonus track just like the 4th solo album? i.e. Yoake no Uta?)
kronekodow: 13 songs

Last edited by ChickShhh : 2011.05.20 at 07:34 PM.
Old 2011.05.20, 07:36 PM   #317
jackmanca

In addition to a special and rare late-night interview by feature editor Masaki Uchida, a new track off the new 'Great Discovery' album, "Brand New Civilization," will be aired. You might want to look forward to this.

(from kronekodow)

Is this song Atarashii Bunmei Kaika?
Old 2011.05.20, 07:42 PM   #318
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

12-1am- streaming here I come
Old 2011.05.20, 07:42 PM   #319
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

In response to Jackmanca: Yes. It is.
Old 2011.05.20, 07:54 PM   #320
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I've been thinking

Does anyone else smell a clips DVD cash in round the corner (AKA 3000+ yen for 20 mins of video). I mean you've got 4 videos -the 2 recent and the 2 from sports- and all the CMs.

Smells like yen to me
Closed Thread