Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.01.09, 06:59 AM   #351
merman

merman is an asset to this community

LOL, I don't even know that movie. Is it really that good? I'm not much into blockbusters, y'know... :\

edit: is it the Korean horror?
Old 2009.01.09, 07:13 AM   #352
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I assume he is referring to the Korean blockbuster, this one. I really enjoyed it too!
Old 2009.01.09, 07:21 AM   #353
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Yeah, it's Korean (IMDb).
Well, I say it's a blockbuster considering it's a monster movie with lots of action sequences that most blockbusters are made of (think Jurassic Park, Peter Jackson's King Kong, etc). However, they are only like 40% or 50% of the entire movie. You'll get a lot of (comedy) drama, political criticism and great directing. You won't get cliché dialogue lines, tough and hunky hero or boobs =P
Old 2009.01.11, 10:57 PM   #354
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I just finished watching The Big Lebowski for the first time in 5 years. I forgot how great the combination of music and cinematography on it was. Some people might dismiss it as a mere "stoner movie", but it's got so much more going for it than Half-Baked or any of the other stoner movies I've seen. What I love almost as much as the cinematography, is the dialog. I'm a pretty big fan of dialog-driven or highly-quotable movies, and Fight Club is one of my favorite examples. The wittiness of Big Lebowski can't hold a candle to Pulp Fiction, but at the same time there is more believable character separation - you don't get a constant reminder that all of the characters are created by the same hyper-witty filmmaker.

I would rank The Big Bebowski among top ten comedies, but I don't think I would rank it among my top ten any-genre list.
Old 2009.01.12, 12:08 PM   #355
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Oh, The Big Lebowski! I'd never call it a stoner movie, just because they liked a good joint? I don't think it was that prominently featured there as well, although I think Dude had some a couple of times. But I'd only call it a great comedy, "stoner move" sounds like "crap" really. Glad you liked it...
Old 2009.01.12, 02:29 PM   #356
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Speaking of stoner movies, I recently watched and enjoyed Pineapple Express. It started a bit slow, but after the first ludicrous, and actually quite brutal fight, it just never lets up.
Old 2009.01.12, 11:06 PM   #357
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

There is no single-frame photo on the internet that does justice for how absolutely beautiful this woman was in The Reader (as an alternate love interest to the main character). Whatever flaws you think you see in this photo, they are effectively gone when she is in motion - kind of like interlacing.

Name:  Vijessna2%20072copyright.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  59.9 KB

Maybe I just have a soft spot toward German women because I lived my first four years there. Plus my dad ended up with a German woman after he left my mom, so taste might run in the blood.
Old 2009.01.13, 10:48 AM   #358
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

so, the blond hair will go away with interlacing?
:p
Old 2009.01.13, 02:25 PM   #359
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

ahhh I need to see The Big Lebowski, simply because White Russians are my favorite cocktail and whenever I mention that people ask if it was inspired by that movie. Now I want a White Russian... @_@
Old 2009.01.14, 02:30 PM   #360
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
so, the blond hair will go away with interlacing?
:p

Is the blond hair even natural?
Closed Thread