Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.11.18, 03:13 AM   #421
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Re: Izawa wow and a half. Revelatory

I think it's hilarious. I wouldn't be surprised if Izawa was only being douchey in the same way that friends are douchey towards each other.

The band must be aware of the anti-Izawa sentiment (Count the number of 'Izawa is a paedophile' posts on 2ch), and now I'm thinking that all of the recent Izawa stuff -- Frustration, Ringo throwing roses at Izawa, Kurashiki -- are them directly responding to the fans. I'll give TJ props if they did all of this on purpose. Many thanks, kuro!!

And speaking of directly responding to crazy fans:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
"seriously damaged by love and hate, your the natural hightime of an embarrassed rock icon"
the dynamite timer running out (it doesn't work!)
Old 2009.11.18, 05:56 AM   #422
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

im not in love with this song but i wont lie, im listening to it on repeat which i did not to for most of SG. It is definetly better than OSCA in my book.
Old 2009.11.18, 09:28 AM   #423
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

I like this song a lot; nice bass, rich vocal harmonies etc. One thing that strikes me as a bit odd is that people have been mentioning an electronic element in the song. I'm pretty certain that what some here perceive as a synth is actually a Clavinet. Its being processed through some dynamic filters and perhaps something else that I am not going to worry about identifying right now, but in the end a Clavinet is no more electronic than an electric guitar.
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
Old 2009.11.18, 06:39 PM   #424
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

Love IT! I don't think i will ever get tired of shiina's voice, even after a million singles, she hits the spot like pho on a saturday morning
Old 2009.11.18, 07:06 PM   #425
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I am freaking shocked that this is a good song. I seriously thought everything from now on was going to suck and I would hate it. So... what the hell.
Old 2009.11.18, 07:18 PM   #426
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

i just did the james brown split to it
Old 2009.11.18, 10:16 PM   #427
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

makes me wanna crank up some Jamiroquai
Old 2009.11.18, 11:11 PM   #428
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I especially love the bit near Uki's first chorus where Shiina sits down and Hata is jamming like a cool, sexy badass in the background.

And later on when Hata whacks the drums on 'ROCK'

<3
Old 2009.11.18, 11:38 PM   #429
chibijelly

chibijelly has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I was absolutely blown away by this track the first time I heard it! And the video is really great too.
Old 2009.11.19, 05:35 AM   #430
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I love it! I think it sounds like the spirit of phase 1 delivered with the sound and aesthetic of phase 2. I definitely hear the very interesting swaying vibe that "sounan" had going on. The melody is a ear worm and I could basically recall most of the tune after first listen.

The video, I'm not that big a fan of. I like the colours and the way it is shot etc, but I think the styling's a bit odd. Hm, something weird going on with the video, just can't really put my finger to it.

But yes! I really really love the song, I might venture as far as to say that it's probably their best single since "sounan".
Closed Thread