Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2007.12.11, 07:02 PM   #441
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Enchanted ownz Golden Compass. And I was all for hating Enchanted, based on the trailer. But Rotten Tomatoes convinced me to see it. It turned out to be half decent. Certainly better than The Golden Compass (Of which I liked the novel).
Old 2007.12.12, 10:47 AM   #442
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I liked both, but Enchanted was a better movie overall; I agree that while Golden Compass was a good movie it still felt a bit soulless.

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I technically don't have health insurance at the moment as soon as I go back to school I won't be insured in the US anymore since my school is abroad.
Oh? Are you going back to Japan? I thought you were back at your original school this semester? (If not what have you been doing? XD)
Old 2007.12.12, 08:12 PM   #443
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I liked both, but Enchanted was a better movie overall; I agree that while Golden Compass was a good movie it still felt a bit soulless.

Oh? Are you going back to Japan? I thought you were back at your original school this semester? (If not what have you been doing? XD)
I was on four month summer vacation....I didn't have a summer vacation because I enrolled in summer courses. So I had September/October/November/December off and then I start again in January. I took the Fall off from school because I transferred from my University in Massachusetts to one within Japan. Not the same University I was studying at last year nor the one the summer before that. I've gone the gauntlet. by the time I transfer I will have studied at 3 different schools within Japan and two in the United States! (should I be proud of that? HELLS YEAH XD)

oh and in my down time this fall I have been working at a book store and running around New England. when I first got back in August the culture shock was so horrendous I kind of locked myself in my room for a long time. Then I got a job and that killed my social life. But I just recently quit so now I have lots of free time to lounge around my house in skimpy little bathrobes or just nothing at all, XDXD. Check the member's picture thread....if you dare, XDXD
Old 2007.12.12, 08:24 PM   #444
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
Oh my gosh, I just saw The golden compass. What a bad movie.
Imagine The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the king in a less than two hour version. It felt like a machine made the script for this.
I wish Return of the King was less than two hours. That was the longest, most boring movie I can remember sitting through. The LotR trilogy was terrible.
Old 2007.12.12, 08:26 PM   #445
madpawn

madpawn pleased at least somebody

Enchanted was quite good, but mostly I'm just excited for Sweeney Todd. I just saw the touring Broadway production of it and it was brilliant.
Old 2007.12.12, 08:33 PM   #446
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I was on four month summer vacation....I didn't have a summer vacation because I enrolled in summer courses. So I had September/October/November/December off and then I start again in January. I took the Fall off from school because I transferred from my University in Massachusetts to one within Japan. Not the same University I was studying at last year nor the one the summer before that. I've gone the gauntlet. by the time I transfer I will have studied at 3 different schools within Japan and two in the United States! (should I be proud of that? HELLS YEAH XD)

oh and in my down time this fall I have been working at a book store and running around New England. when I first got back in August the culture shock was so horrendous I kind of locked myself in my room for a long time. Then I got a job and that killed my social life. But I just recently quit so now I have lots of free time to lounge around my house in skimpy little bathrobes or just nothing at all, XDXD. Check the member's picture thread....if you dare, XDXD
anywoes, what are you studying in Japan again?
How are you stuyding it? going to class with Japanese students, just like Japanese students, having Japanese handins/textbooks/exams?
Old 2007.12.12, 11:12 PM   #447
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I wish Return of the King was less than two hours. That was the longest, most boring movie I can remember sitting through. The LotR trilogy was terrible.
Terrible as in just terrible or terrible as a terrible adaption of the brilliant book?

Anyway I continued Prison Break Season 1 yesterday and I had to laugh when I saw this:

(4.3Mb gif, takes some time...)

It's seems as if one can really die from stupidity

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.12.13, 03:33 AM   #448
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^ I dig the whole triology, even before I read all 9 books. But I do wish they included Tom Bambadil (spelling?), that part in his forrest must be Tolkein on acid trip...

One more reason for me to not backtrack on the prison break series....
Old 2007.12.13, 11:30 PM   #449
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Currently Watching:
Moon Child

Not my first time, but I actually did see it before I'd ever heard any music from HYDE or Gackt, so revisiting this movie has a different kind of value for me.

The Japanese release is worth the price just for the 1536kbps DTS - not available from the Hong Kong or North American editions.
Old 2007.12.14, 06:40 AM   #450
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

"Nagato Yuki Image Song sung by Angry German Kid

Ahahaha my god... that's so amazing xD
I wonder how long this took XD
Closed Thread