Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions You MUST introduce yourself here before you may post throughout the rest of the community.

Old 2008.05.09, 12:11 PM   #471
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Little known fact to many of us americans, but there was a prequel to WWII.

(Like the Alien movie series tho,the second was more exciting )
The sequel really sucks.
Old 2008.05.09, 12:13 PM   #472
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Little known fact to many of us americans, but there was a prequel to WWII.

(Like the Alien movie series tho,the second was more exciting )
Lmfao, yea that thing where the generals decided "whose ever meat grinder breaks first from inserting our own men is the loser... GO!!". Man, that war was too gruesome.

But please do not assume just because jigenbakuda did not pay attention in school, that americans are dumb or were never taught... I have no idea how intensively it was done in the florida school systems, but I don't feel I missed that much... To be honest I don't think it was covered that much... maybe in ap history or something.

@EmilScherbe
How educational! 乙GJ!!! But that time period was pretty serious. Is the current japanese military mindset the same?

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.09, 12:21 PM   #473
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I'm not assuming anything about you jigen, if yer refferring to me. I just enjoy a good ol' American bashing

And the thing about WWII, is that in HS its always at THE END of the semester so the teachers tend to rush through it
Old 2008.05.09, 06:25 PM   #474
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Americans are not dumb, the school system is just broken. There are so many teachers that are just simply disinterested and it's not entirely their fault.

Kids coming out of school in Europe are much more knowlegeable about the world around them, you can have conversations with them on anything, but high school students from the U.S...god, all my friends are examples of this, they know nothing beyond their own neighborhood.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.09, 10:26 PM   #475
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
Oh and I also know about the rape of nanking (however its spelled), those guys did things almost as bad as slavery times in america, and that's pretty bad.
with all due respect man, "almost as bad" hahaha. compared to what the Japanese did to Koreans and Chinese during that era, makes American Slavery seem like a a day at a country club.

I think Koreans and Chinese alike shoudn't hold grudges, but you can kinda understand the ones that do, especially since people who lived under a colonized Japan are still alive.
Old 2008.05.09, 10:29 PM   #476
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Cosmo! View Post
The sequel really sucks.
Are you talking about the sequel to Alien or WWII? Because both really suck...
Old 2008.05.10, 12:51 AM   #477
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

also, jigenbakuda, lets not forget that Japan did just as many shitty things during WWII as the Americans did. Bomb hot air balloons? Anyone remember that? They're right there in the Tokyo-Edo Museum in Tokyo. They were sent over by Japan to North America. Largely ineffective, sure, but with malicious intent? Yes. And many other things too. It's not like the U.S. randomly attacked poor victim helpless Japan who didn't do ANYTHING to provoke the conflict. As much as places like the Hiroshima Peace Museum (*cough*) want to make you think is what happened. 9_9
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.10, 05:00 AM   #478
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Doesn't it feel weird comparing atrocities? Slavery vs. Japanese war crimes?
Most of the countries we know have done something in the past 100 years that they can truly be ashamed of. U.S. has led more than its fair share of inhumane wars, much of its territory was gained through conquest.
Is it disgusting how the Japanese try to cover up their crimes? Hell yeah, but Americans do it too. U.S. textbooks rarely expose the heinous aspects of conflicts like the Mexican war, or how about the fact that the Japanese was forced to take up a stance of imperialism after the U.S. appeared on the shores of japan with a navy and forced the government to sign an unjust treaty. If you connect the dots, Japan's policy of colonization during WWII can be directly attributed to American policy.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.10, 05:06 AM   #479
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
Is the current japanese military mindset the same?
Refusal to be prisoner was resulted to suicide or suicidal attack in hopeless situation.
The mindset neglecting human life in that period have been criticized after WW2.
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.10, 07:13 AM   #480
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

America colonized pacific islands tho cuz the americans were either too fat and lazy to go back home, or their high school teachers never taught them where America was on a map so they just figured they were in Rhode Island or somesuch.

Japan, however, took over most of east Asia to better spread things like Hello Kitty and Robotech. In fact one could argue china and korea welcomed them. Compare this to the resistance of Guam to America.

America sux guyz is what im sayin
I am going to punch anyone that doesn't know this is a joke...cuz americans only know things like corporal punsihment -- amirite guyz?? =D