Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.04.14, 02:35 PM   #41
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Simple really, listen to the first 3 albums then listen to the current stuff, let your ears feel the truth 'letemp' she's lost her edge and it's as plain as day. It might still sound nice but there is no fire.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.14, 03:16 PM   #42
clowezra

clowezra is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Says the guy with "ginger lass from Girl's Aloud" Actually, I'll shut up. I bought a Girls Aloud calendar for 50p from Zavvi.
Oi, they're amazing! And as R~B mentioned before, she's easily the best looking.

And letemp, just because people disagree with your opinion doesn't make them pessimistic. People are allowed to have a negative view on her releases. For example, I definitely enjoyed Expo, but certain SR fans may not like classical music, or an orchestra. She was a rock artist from the start, after all-so all of these 'recent' changes could be discomforting to a lot of fans, which it clearly is.
Old 2009.04.14, 03:36 PM   #43
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by letemp View Post
hey, im ringo's son. anyway i didnt reply cuz i don't have the internet and im just finish moving back to vancouver and just got the internet today. so no chance to log on but i do read and respect u guys opinion/reply just wanna post here that im just a fan and not from other forums to ruins this board or sth.
don't get me wrong i like this forum, but as i surfing around and saw someone's post calling ringo an idiot!!!! plus other pessimistic comments on her recent release (ringo expo which turns out to be awesome) (and some are not even released like the new single already filth with bad comments) that is why i wanna know WHYYYYYYYYYYY i am very curious till i gotta register to this forum and be able to ask u guys,and thank you for all explanation cuz i kinda understand now, that's the way it is i guess.
It's probably easy as a fan of Ringo to judge the community going into a thread blind and reading maybe a harsh comment or two (though it's very rare around here to find a member without some sort of constructive criticism); especially if you've came from maybe another forum with a Shiina adoration thread. But I'm sure we'd all prefer people to sign up and state their argument for late-Ringo music than for them to shy away or just outright dismiss us. Nobody will be rude to you for disagreeing; you'll find a good few people here that still adore Ringo's output and you can only really get to know the community by interacting with it and getting to know the various members and understand their viewpoint.

As has been said before, the forum would be a very boring place if it was just filled with people constantly praising everything Shiina does. Boring and fake. At the same time, don't assume everybody here hates everything Shiina/Jihen has created recently. As you can see in some of the more recent threads, even those bitterly disappointed by Shiina are still giving her recent stuff a chance. We're still all fans and as fans we have as much right to judge her work -- be it positively or negatively -- as anybody else.

@clowezra&bongo, sorry I'm going to have to go with the cliche of Cheryl. She is absolutely stunning. "The ginger one" is severely underrated though.
Old 2009.04.14, 07:10 PM   #44
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Letemp, you'll find as you get older that the more people disagree with you, the more interesting life gets. For instance, a lot of us disagreed with Op2. That was really interesting. He opened our minds. I personally owe a lot of my emotional and intellectual maturity to Op2. He got me out of my own head and made me realize the world is a big place with lots of people, many of them smarter than I am....so who am I to judge people who disagree? Maybe they have a point. *sniff* I miss him.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.14, 09:47 PM   #45
letemp

letemp is headed in the right direction

hi again. i didn't judge anyone and i'm totally open to others opinion that's why i just wanted to know. i just found this forum and have been reading u guys threads for a while but never got to post anything, i didn't know what's going on in the past and why you guys disappointed on her. i think it's gotta do with individual experience though, i'm relatively new to SR/TJ (i start listen to TJ first album and then all her other stuff together at the same time back in 2004-2005 i guess and been follow her work until now, and i always think most her works are equally awesome, i do have some specific songs i hate too so im not a total fanboy or something like that) so i didn't have any first impression of how kick ass early ringo is. That's it, and oh im not Op2 and nice to meet u all
letemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.16, 04:15 PM   #46
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by letemp View Post
No wonder why she hates internet fan sites and set up the rules on her website to avoid them.
the official site really advises that?

well, tell Ringo to licka panther's sack.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.17, 02:55 AM   #47
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

hey, it's not like the Japanese fans are all about rainbows and puppies.
I've been checking 2chan for links about the new single/album and I see tracks listing speculation like: 02. maternity leave, 04. Slumping sales
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.17, 02:56 AM   #48
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
hey, it's not like the Japanese fans are all about rainbows and puppies.
I've been checking 2chan for links about the new single/album and I see tracks listing speculation like: 02. maternity leave, 04. Slumping sales
LOL
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.17, 10:52 AM   #49
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

What a bunch of haters! And her sales are in no way in danger of slumping, that's for sure.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.17, 10:54 AM   #50
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
What a bunch of haters! And her sales are in no way in danger of slumping, that's for sure.
This is EMF, yo. (kind of the pot calling the kettle black =p)