Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.10.27, 08:04 AM   #501
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
She looks horrible... This duck should definitely die. I can't say anything but... TJ sucks.
really? I think she looks lovely and I'm not even a fan of the nu shiina diva act. The stripper shoes need to go, though.

I probably only like BB Queen because the rolling Rs
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.27, 11:55 AM   #502
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

BB. Queen was good. Are those the only two songs they performed?

rfwejfwepjfwjef

never mind.

Last edited by bromithia : 2008.10.27 at 12:05 PM.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.27, 01:12 PM   #503
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I wasn't blown away by BB. Queen. Though that might be because I absolutely hate that song. I agree that Boutomin was better this time than it was in S&T though.

And geez, Orenji. Talk about being harsh. :/
Old 2008.10.27, 01:22 PM   #504
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Osiris12345
And geez, Orenji. Talk about being harsh. :/
Maybe Orenji just meant the duck (lips) should die and not Shiina herself ? that's how I took it when I read it.
As for looks ? I felt the dress was a little overbearing but she looked good herself ? musically these songs are not in my top 10 but I liked BB Queen here much better than the actual record.. I like how Izawa always sounds bored when he does his little part in Boutomin.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.10.27 at 01:26 PM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.27, 02:08 PM   #505
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Gee, they really shouldn't let anyone else but Shiina sing. Uki comes in like friggin William Hung here. =p (I think the song works so much better without the shitty bass solo and that SUPER DUPER cheesy "Yeah!" from the band, jeez.)
Is it just me or is Shiina trying to sing screechier, as if to more sound more "like she used to be?" I don't mind it so much here (luckily we don't get to hear KT) but is it that hard to sing like she did in DO? It was only three years ago, did she really tear her throat apart so much?

Apart from that I'm mainly positive on this stuff. Visually Shiina looks like she's in it again. She doesn't look like she wants to drop dead (like in S+T.) I know I don't often comment on these things, but if I were to I'd say her "costume" here is pretty cool. Tho if she changed it during the set like always, then it fucking sucks blah blah. Botoumin, sounds nice, nice rendition. Not a big deal really.

BB.Queen. It SOUNDS GREAT. But the SONG is SHIT. I don't care what anyone on this earth says. It's a terrible terrible song. The vocal line espescially. Shiina's singing it great, but sorta "whats written" is really mundane and un-noteworthy. She's singing the hell out of it, so I'll give her some dap, which I haven't done in a long long time. But she just doesn't have anything to work with. What theres like 2 notes for her in the chorus?

Pretending the vocal line was good, THIS is what I wished the band sounded like. Big, noisy. Don't even tell me this is how the song sounded on record, fluffie, cuz it's TOTALLY not =p But yeah, no guitar farts here or whatever. This is what Shiina needs to put back into our lives. Some cacophony.

That said, notice I said "Shiina" and not "Jihen" at the end of the paragraph.
Old 2008.10.27, 02:20 PM   #506
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Goddamn, just give us the Anniversary show already and skip all this TJ BS. I used to be so giddy over TJ, now everytime I hear about a "TJ" performance I just wince.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.27, 03:20 PM   #507
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Wow, I think this is the most I've ever felt myself liked Boutomin, and BB Queen for that matter! Oh wow, the bit where she goes "na na na na na" made my heart flutter.

And I completely agree about the editing - this was really well edited for a live performance that isn't (?) gonna be on a DVD or something.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.27, 03:26 PM   #508
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Shiina Ringo actually sounds pretty good. Tbqh, I thought she sounded pretty awful in the last Phase 2 performances.

I want to see OSCA!

After all of this Nu-Shiina crap (Which I think is a slight overreaction, although I like SR for whatever she writes), it'll be VERY interesting to see what she whips out during the November performance. *Especially* the new songs. I can't wait.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.27, 04:10 PM   #509
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Wow, the editing of that live was great! Loved the lighting too! Shiina looked good.

And yeah, I never really disliked Boutomin all that much (I just never loved it) and I quite enjoyed the performance. BB.QUEEN is one of my favourites from the Variety era, and it was even better in that live. The NANANA~! was epic!

Well, it's good to see some good performances from the Variety era, but I can't wait til she gets back to writing.
Old 2008.10.29, 04:49 PM   #510
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Does anyone have any clue when more of SoTC will appear?
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote