Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.05.14, 12:29 PM   #521
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
This song is ok; the best thing about it is that I can't really say it sounds like anything on Variety...though I can't remember the last time I heard anything from that album.

I am a bit worried that this is the first single, though. Hope she has some real carpet burning rockers on the album.
The first single would be Karisome Otome (aka THE most hated SR song), wouldn't it?
I think it's interesting that apart from that song, there's no single for the album as of yet and since singles usually all come BEFORE albums in Japan, there might not be any at all. That's something that might hint on a very consistent album... and there's also the chance Karisome would be reworked although that one is pretty slim, considering it's already been reworked before.
Old 2009.05.14, 12:37 PM   #522
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by merman View Post
and there's also the chance Karisome would be reworked although that one is pretty slim, considering it's already been reworked before.
If they don't change it, I will In my playlist.

About the no-singles-before-the-album thing, you might be onto something there. I wish it was true!
Old 2009.05.14, 12:55 PM   #523
merman

Remember KSK had only one single too. If you don't count the 180 degree turn with Yattsuke Shigoto, and STEM ended up totally different anyway. Now I'm not saying this is GOING TO BE LIKE KSK OMGWTFBBQ but the "consistent album" as in tone, or a feeling of a single artwork, is very much possible...
STEM also had b-sides that were pretty much the same thing as on the actual album, but so far we know even less about the sound of this new one, that is until Ariamaru Tomi is released. I'm really optimistic about it, haha
Old 2009.05.14, 01:04 PM   #524
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I'd actually be really surprised if the version of Karisome Otome was exactly the same as the DEATH JAZZ version. Granted, it would mean the song was remade a whopping 3 times but it just seems unlikely that the song would fit the context of the album if it wasn't.
Old 2009.05.14, 01:11 PM   #525
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I honestly feel like Ariamaru Tomi has absolutely no connectioned whatsoever with the album, which is why for the b-side they created a track that is specifically serving as a preview for the new work. so in that way it is almost like a double single, the a-side is a one-off that is getting promoted, the b-side is promoting the album.

don't forget we have futaribocchi jikan which is launching on minna no uta. it might not be an official single or an official Ringo PV, but it will certainly be promoting the album as much, if not more, than Ariamaru Tomi, considering it is actually something that is going to be on the physical release.

if Karisome Otome DEATH JAZZ was reworked in any way other than a small edit or remaster, I will totally eat my hat. They have made it a point in almost every blurb/interview/press release to note that the album contains the DEATH JAZZ vers with Soil and Pimp, as was released only digitally before, as well as Marunouchi Sadistic EXPO version, etc.
Old 2009.05.14, 07:30 PM   #526
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

so in a way, this single is the Mayonaka before the KSK

i like this song and Yokyou, so i have a good feeling about the full album.
Old 2009.05.14, 08:20 PM   #527
crimson_wings9999

crimson_wings9999 pleased at least somebody

I was scared at first when I heard the op portion
but this song really grew on me fast. It does remind
me of her really early stuff. Now I'm really curious how
the album would turn out,,
Old 2009.05.14, 09:21 PM   #528
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
so in a way, this single is the Mayonaka before the KSK

i like this song and Yokyou, so i have a good feeling about the full album.
she considered putting mayonaka on KZK but when she found it didn't fit well at all and left it off. I think ariamaru tomi was never intended to be anything but the drama song. they probably left it as the lead in single for this album to get us all on the mysterious factor, oooh ahhhh.
Old 2009.05.18, 02:46 AM   #529
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Looks like this song's a grower. I thought I wouldn't listen to it more than once, but I'm wrong. It's not AMAZING, but it's definitely not a disappointment.
Old 2009.05.18, 07:27 AM   #530
merman

I think it's quite beautiful, and the simplicity and the lyrics go well together. I liked it since the first previews, but now I do even more.
Closed Thread