Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.05.16, 01:42 PM   #531
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

apple pie, of course

oh, this just in, bonsai hata is about ringo's acne issues as an awkward teenager. and I heard the contents of ryuukou involve the classic debate between maxi pads vs. tampons, so we shall know, once and for all, which ringo uses.
Old 2009.05.16, 01:44 PM   #532
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
And even then I don't think any self respecting employee of that status would stoop to posting this kind of information leak on some forum like 2ch.
"2channel is a Japanese Internet Forum, thought to be the largest Internet forum in the world. Launched in 1999, it has gained significant influence in Japanese society, comparable to that of traditional mass media such as television, radio, and magazines."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2ch

They even have a section specifically for Ringo content. KZK was released back in 2003. We are in 2009 now. Many things have changed, really. There's a lot of hype going on about this, I wouldn't immediately deny any of those information leaks. I won't put all my hopes on it, either, but it'll be interesting to check back what was true/false when we get the album.
And as Glath said, the album isn't made in one day and put into stores in the very next. The chances of having heard certain things isn't unlikely. The "reviewer" may have not heard the complete final album, but considering the fact that Ringo probably didn't set a team of yakuzas to control every single step of the artists she collaborated with, I'm sure some information may have spread around.

Neko: "I did 2 songs with Ringo-sama."
His friend: "Which ones?"
Neko: "Oh, this and that."
His friend: "Thanks, I'm gonna post that on 2ch, SUCKA!"

Things like this aren't unlikely to happen. At least I think so.

But disregard that, album will fail.
Old 2009.05.16, 01:47 PM   #533
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Neko: "I did 2 songs with Ringo-sama."
His friend: "Which ones?"
Neko: "Oh, this and that."
His friend: "Thanks, I'm gonna post that on 2ch, SUCKA!"
Hahahaha!
Old 2009.05.16, 01:55 PM   #534
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It'll be better than MM + SS + KZK + Kyouiku + Adult + Variety combined.

Of course, Variety = KZK - SS - MM and Kyouiku = SS - MM + KZK and Adult = KZK - SS + MM and Adult = KZK - KZK + UM so SG = MM + SS + KZK + Kyouiku + Adult + Variety = Sanmon Gossip = HF
Old 2009.05.16, 02:20 PM   #535
kuro_neko

shinji, so I'm supposed to feel satisfied that you've quoted the wiki on 2ch? come on, don't be a moron. first of all, wikpedia can be edited by anyone with half a brain. then there is the fact that 2ch, while widespread and well known, isn't exactly the springwell for rumors that turn out to be legit. a lot of the shit that goes on there is random trolling and bs-ing, same as any forum. it has had a cultural impact in japan for the otaku, but if your claiming that it has some sort of respected or known role in the media, that is just plain bs.

point is, any guy can just say anything and post anonymously and we are going to assume that this is true? the japanese fans are sick of neko too and they come up with fake tracklistings and all sorts of other things. it might not be too much to think that perhaps some dood, like some people here, got tired of the trolling and b.s. and wanted to post something to get people to shut up for two months, something that might make them happy instead of negative all the time.

yes, it could very well turn out to be true. but I think that no matter what is said about the new album and how great it turns out to be, there will still be many negative things said about it here on the forums come release day. letting rumours and anonymous internet posts jack up your expectations for an album that is a month away, building up that pre-hype, is just a bad idea. your only bound to be disappointed because it either will not be as it was described, or because it will be, and your expectations in between when you read the rumor and got the album continued to balloon inside your head

lets just be happy ringo has another album coming for now. when we get it, we can make our decisions then. but pre-spaz outs are only bound to be regretted later.
Old 2009.05.16, 02:24 PM   #536
kuro_neko

speculation is fine, just not from twats who are going to rely on 2ch and wikipedia, as translated via another source, as their credible sources of information, who then get pissy when skeptics point out that they may as well be labeled rumours at best

edit: btw, you might want to be more careful. while I don't care if you use words like faggot, despite one's sexual orientation using slurs on this forum is grounds for things like a ban as stated in the rules. you should be more careful

and as your example as to the conversation neko has with the poster, etc, that is entirely possible, but the poster wasn't claiming to have information about the arrangements and credits for tracks. they were claiming to have had access and have listened to the album, supposedly in its entirety, and thus had comments about the sound, lyrics, and overall direction. If this was a matter of just some guy on 2ch saying that he works in the biz and knows Neko is only arranging two tracks, I'd be much more tempted to believe it. But since this is some guy claiming to have heard the album, whereever it is at this stage, I'm thinking this is a rumor. Knowing Ringo, the amount of people who have listened to this thing in its entirely at this point in time is probably limited to a handful at most. Up until the leak of KZK, that album had only been heard by a handful of people, and that was in 2003. I'm sure with this being one of the biggest releases of the year for the label, they are being super anal about security this time around.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.05.16 at 02:35 PM.
Old 2009.05.16, 02:25 PM   #537
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It's actually kind of cute, album speculation. For the plot of the next A Song of Ice and Fire book or Fullmetal Alchemist or the new Final Fantasy/Mass Effect, but a (Shiina Ringo) album? Lol.

We'll see when the new single comes out
Old 2009.05.16, 02:38 PM   #538
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

She can be happy: we are superficially gossiping all the time .
Old 2009.05.16, 03:09 PM   #539
Scribble R

I haven't used this in a long while but O_o
Old 2009.05.16, 03:32 PM   #540
kuro_neko

shinji, when have I ever used derrogatory terms and slurs in my little back and forth duets with you? despite our arguments, I don't actually take any anger or offense from anything here on the forums.

you can refer to me as being gay, but if you want to continue to call me a faggot when I say something that pisses you off, you can take that up with the mods.

as for the 2ch/wiki issue, my issue lays in the fact that everything is working from translation. sure, there are a whole bunch of sources listed on any given english wiki, but some random joe is compiling them and translating them, and taking that verbatim is just assuming that whoever did it is always correct. there have been massive mistakes and holes in some wiki's I've seen lately, so I don't immediately eat everything I read right up.

as for 2ch, I'll be sure to look for references next time I'm watching NHK news or any major japanese newspaper. 2ch has a lot of relevance but the problem is that it is a completely anonymous forum so there is no way to corroborate the information which is being posted anonymously. people make small mistakes in the news all the time, that doesn't mean it is true.

my entire point with all of this wasn't to argue, it was to say, hey guys, don't get all salivating at the mouth yet, perhaps this isn't true, and your response is to quote an english wiki to sooth me and then take offense and call me a faggot when I say I don't buy those sources as credible and legit? come on. and then you stoop so low as ignorant name calling, come on. aren't you gay yourself? so why are you walking around and throwing out terms like "faggot" so lightly. it isn't very becoming, you not only look ignorant, but also childish. how am I supposed to take you seriously when you resort to slurs in order to try and convince someone of an argument they aren't buying?

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.05.16 at 03:46 PM.
Closed Thread